Laying laminate flooring over ceramic tiles | ExpatWoman.com

Laying laminate flooring over ceramic tiles

Latest post on 20 June 2015 - 12:53

Has anyone else done this?
Any advice and recommendation on buying material, reliable handyman or DIY manual would be highly appreciated!

:)

Latest post on 16 October 2015 - 21:00
Minara We have had a horrible experience with Floorworld. In less than a year, our flooring is coming apart and they take no ownership to resolve. We have contacted their head office as well, someone to our place in business bay, and then again no answer or resolution. They claim 10 years warranty while selling. Good sales men and pricing, but regretful decision as no after sales support.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 19:54
Please do check your tenancy contract if you are renting, as it is against the rules to put anything on the tiles in most contracts.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 19:09
The quality at floor world is generally pretty good. I'd just have someone from the shop come and install it as if there is a problem they would be responsible for fixing it. So many things could go wrong during the installation and it would make a good quality laminate look cheap. You could end up with butt seams that pop out at every few joints. Or you could cut it badly around the door frames or instal it too close to the walls and get problems when it expands (panelling is very important). Also. It's fine to instal over ceramic tiles, usually they put an insulator material between the laminate and the original flooring. The only problem you might have is needing to get a carpenter to shave the bottom of the doors if the level of the flooring becomes too high.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 13:56
Sorry have no experience with FloorWorld, however we've done it twice in two of the houses we lived in. First time was through IdDesin (not sure if they offer this business any more), and second was through Avenues (Umm souquim). both provided all need material including glue, the sheets that go underneath, etc. we had no issue in the first house for five years and now one year in the second. You need to check the quality of the Laminate, its thickness, etc. There is huge range, but there are some good European companies.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 11:06
BUMP! Thinking of buying material from FloorWorld, anyone has experience?
Latest post on 24 June 2015 - 12:06
Hi, Laminate flooring can be done on ceramic tiles. I got it done in my house too. But be wise to choose the material as the low cost Chinese material can give you problems later. If you want the number of the handyman, i can e-mail it to you. He did a pretty satisfying job. As well as he gave me good knowledge of flooring material and its application. Thanks....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY