Corkage Fee in Hotels | ExpatWoman.com

Corkage Fee in Hotels

Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 10:24

Anybody knows if Hotels here in Dubai are charging Corkage Fee if you will have a food outside?

For example, a delivery from a restaurant outside, delivered to your hotel room. Will the hotel charge you Corkage fee for that?

Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 10:40
Well then its a good thing. Sorry that I had to ask because from my home country, corkage fee applies to both food and drinks bought outside the premises. And hotels in my home country charged corkage fee as well from food delivered from an outside restaurant. So most people are just sneaking them from their bags. Haha! :)
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 12:30
Yes, corkage is exactly what it says it is. Money charged by hotels for people opening bottles of wine etc which haven't been bought on the premises. I've seen it happen in the UK especially at wedding breakfasts, where they bridal party want to supply their own alcohol. It happens here too - I paid corkage for champagne at our wedding
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 11:09
Yes, corkage is exactly what it says it is. Money charged by hotels for people opening bottles of wine etc which haven't been bought on the premises. I've seen it happen in the UK especially at wedding breakfasts, where they bridal party want to supply their own alcohol.
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 10:58
So basically corkage fee applies only to alcoholic beverage and not with food and non alcoholic beverage? usually yes and it is a US thing so I doubt it happens here ( I have never been charged for ordering outside food)
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 10:49
So basically corkage fee applies only to alcoholic beverage and not with food and non alcoholic beverage?
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 10:31
Anybody knows if Hotels here in Dubai are charging Corkage Fee if you will have a food outside? For example, a delivery from a restaurant outside, delivered to your hotel room. Will the hotel charge you Corkage fee for that? I have stayed at hotels and had food delivered with no "corkage" fee Corkage fee is usually charged if someone takes their own wine to a restaurant ( which doesn't happen here)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY