Historical / Cultural / Traditional Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Historical / Cultural / Traditional Dubai

Latest post on 25 July 2015 - 03:22

Hi all,

I would like to explore more of the traditional parts of Dubai, since I really enjoyed a stroll through Bur Dubai for the first time yesterday. Do you have any suggestions of what is really worth looking at, and okay to do in the evening or early morning hours, since it is so hot right now? I would really like to get to know Dubai off the beaten path, and I am also very interested in finding out some of the small local eateries, where I can taste delicious traditional Arabic food.

I will be very happy for any suggestions. Thank you so much.

Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 20:35
Thank you so much, AdventurerB, and debliz. I will definitely follow your suggestions. It sounds very interesting. The modern Dubai is not very different from any other big city I've been to, as far as atmosphere, but I would like to explore more of the true Middle East. Your ideas really will be very helpful! I look forward to the adventure :)
Latest post on 25 July 2015 - 15:27
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k6083862-Historic_Dubai_Walking_Tour-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html If you look at the second reply from "Latimer" it gives details of three different walking tours from National Georgraphic
Latest post on 25 July 2015 - 11:18
Great ideas, AdventurerB! I really look forward to exploring your recommendations :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY