Does anyone live in Al Quoz | ExpatWoman.com

Does anyone live in Al Quoz

Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 07:04

Hi

Could anyone who lives in Al quoz kindly inform me what it's like?

Thanks

Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 13:16
Thanks ladies for your replies and input. They have been really helpful. I am thinking of investing in Al quoz 4 in a new development there. It would be to use just for holidays and maybe rent out for a holiday lettings or for 6 month whilst I am not using it. I will be buying in the Al waha street side I would really appreciate your opinions about that part of Al quoz. Also how far is it from Dubai Ladies club in Jumeriah and the dubai mall? I look forward to your replies Xx
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 10:49
The ladies summed it up nicely. I know someone living in a villa in Al Quoz, although not local; they are traditional Muslims. It doesn't really have a community feel as such, although it seems like some boys meet up for football in the evening and some as mentioned cause trouble. The location is actually great; but can feel a bit dusty.
Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 09:05
I lived in Al Quoz 1 about 3 years ago and have recently moved to Al Quoz 2. As Cowboy says, it is very local. Al Quoz 2 is a little further out, across the Al Khail Road, behind Al Quoz Pond Park. It is very quiet and the villas are mostly large with quite large gardens. I have moved to a 5-bedroom independent villa for only slightly more than what I was paying for a 3-bedroom townhouse in Al Furjan. For me the location is great. I work in Business Bay and can be at my office in 10 minutes. It is the same going home. The cons I can think of are: 1. The majority of Al Quoz 2 at the moment does not have any addresses. There are no street names/numbers or villa numbers. This can be a challenge when trying to organise deliveries or call a taxi. However, the villas do have Makani numbers allocated and, of course, there is GPS. Careem have never had a problem finding me when I book online or through the app. I keep meaning to try the Smart Taxi app but haven't got around to it yet. 2. Dusty! Some streets are not yet tarmacked, 3. You definitely need a car. 4. If the garden is not already landscaped, the size of them can make landscaping expensive if you don't want a desert as a garden. Compared to Al Quoz 2, I found Al Quoz 1 residential quite crowded. There are many older properties in that area and quite a few residents kept noisy roosters! Again, very good location, close to Oasis Centre. HTH
Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 08:24
I know families who live in the residential part of al quoz. It is a very local area. Houses have small/medium sized gardens. The inside house area is quite spacious. The location is quite good. Its close to safa and shiekh zayed. There are some naughty boys in the neighbourhood on some streets who run around so best not to drive too fast in the area.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY