Colon Polyps | ExpatWoman.com

Colon Polyps

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 19:57
I go for a colonoscopy every 2 years as colon cancer runs in the family. Every time they remove 3 polyps and all 3 are different but non cancerous :)....Do not let it get to you because they remove them, test them. then if they are cancerous you can start worrying :) but do not give the devil work to do that does not need doing lol
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 12:37
Hi there Syd123 sorry to hear you have had this scare with your health. I was saddened to read your post about your "very serious and no-nonsense" doctor and how you would have felt uncomfortable taking up his time to ask questions about because he's very clever and capable. Really?? Why would you allow him to make you think he was too good to answer your very important health questions? If he's clever and capable, then he would be the doctor I wanted the answers from.
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 12:08
Thanks for your responses. I guess I was intimidated by my doctor. He is a very clever, capable doctor but very serious and no-nonsense, so I did not feel comfortable taking up his time. I agree I should probably speak to another doctor to put my mind at ease.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 20:20
I have lived with Ulcerative Colitis for over 12 years now, and last year during a routine colonoscopy my consultant came across a tiny polyp, it was removed and tested and thankfully all was ok. I am totally aware of 'what could be', but i refuse to let it rule my life. I exercise and eat a healthy diet, get screened regularly, but most of all i stay positive, why worry over something that hasn't happened!! Try not to worry to much, and wish you good health.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 13:05
Dr Mazin is fantastic
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 11:32
I have a family history of this and Colon cancer so make sure I have regular screenings to be on the safe side. My father also has a history of polyps and colon cancer and is still going strong at the ripe old age of 84! The best thing to do is not to worry or panic, If you have regular colonoscopies then any recurrence of the polyps can be removed straight away and wont be able to develop into Cancer. With a healthy diet, regular exercise, regular screening and a good doctor I am sure you will be fit and healthy for many many years to come. I can fully recommend Dr Mazin Aljabiri of mediclinic Dubai Mall, he is really good and very thorough when it comes to screening, treatment and prevention.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 09:28
Hi all, I am fairly young, in my early thirties and was recently diagnosed with polyps in my colon, which is unusual for my age. They had moderate dysplasia (pre-cancerous) so I will have to have routine colonoscopies from now on. Has anybody else experienced this? Did it lead to anything more serious? I have looked on medical forums and they have terrified me as there seems to have a high chance of recurrence and often the polyps are then more severe. I feel like I am a ticking time-bomb for cancer. It is making me very anxious. Just wanting some reassurance I guess. Thanks x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY