What's wrong with the quality of uniforms??? Polyster | ExpatWoman.com

What's wrong with the quality of uniforms??? Polyster

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 21:42
You might be able to rectify the colour bleed with a pack of Colour Run, available in most supermarkets next to the laundry products. Just put it in with the next wash but it may not be as effective if the clothing has dried..
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 23:06
speaking of polyester there are different levels of quality I've used sporting goods from Nike and Adidas but of course u can't compare that with what I got as my child's uniform. All I'm saying is that if the quality of school uniforms don't improvise we will have to use these substandard garments year after year which we are forced to purchase due to the monopoly of Threads uniforms. I just hope this doesn't continue. Because at the end it's our kids who have suffer in the heat...
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 13:30
I was in Zaks store last week to pick up uniforms for my DS. First of all you don't get the proper sizes, the smallest size they carry now is 5-6 years, then the material of the cloth and specially of the PE polo shirts don't look like cotton at all and my DS is allergic to non-cotton materials... The quality you get is not worth at all for the amount you pay and I can't buy it from anywhere else as the school has their logo on the shirts, restricting us to buy from this store only. School PE kit is always polyester , just like other sports kit you get in sportswear shops. Polyester is a fabric of choice due to it's quick drying property but quality is a different matter. This is what I told the guy in Zaks who was helping us for the sizes and when I saw the PE shirt, knowing that it is polyester and doctor has told to wear "only cotton" for my son, I asked him if there's any cotton shirts and he said, this is cotton.....
Latest post on 28 August 2015 - 12:54
I was in Zaks store last week to pick up uniforms for my DS. First of all you don't get the proper sizes, the smallest size they carry now is 5-6 years, then the material of the cloth and specially of the PE polo shirts don't look like cotton at all and my DS is allergic to non-cotton materials... The quality you get is not worth at all for the amount you pay and I can't buy it from anywhere else as the school has their logo on the shirts, restricting us to buy from this store only. School PE kit is always polyester , just like other sports kit you get in sportswear shops. Polyester is a fabric of choice due to it's quick drying property but quality is a different matter.
Latest post on 28 August 2015 - 12:49
Hey Be it Zaks or Threads both are ripping us off I think....but at least the PE shirts which I use to get from Zaks for my DD wouldn't lose their color to the PE shirts that I recently got from Threads.they have changed completely the color has spread all over the shirt..I don't know how to restore back the original color..any idea??? Please help Thank you Won't be possible to restore original color without strong and numerous bleaching attempts.still it WONT be like new and there would be fabric damage (fading or easy to get ripped). Best to confront the uniform shop guys with receipt and if they get cheeky, complain at the consumer department,
Latest post on 27 August 2015 - 20:14
Hey Be it Zaks or Threads both are ripping us off I think....but at least the PE shirts which I use to get from Zaks for my DD wouldn't lose their color to the PE shirts that I recently got from Threads.they have changed completely the color has spread all over the shirt..I don't know how to restore back the original color..any idea??? Please help Thank you
Latest post on 27 August 2015 - 14:37
I was in Zaks store last week to pick up uniforms for my DS. First of all you don't get the proper sizes, the smallest size they carry now is 5-6 years, then the material of the cloth and specially of the PE polo shirts don't look like cotton at all and my DS is allergic to non-cotton materials... The quality you get is not worth at all for the amount you pay and I can't buy it from anywhere else as the school has their logo on the shirts, restricting us to buy from this store only.
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 12:37
As a parent of 2 I can really understand your concern. but I guess in this part of the world this is the way how it works and we have to be a part of it. The is an absolute Monopoly where we are left with no option but just one supplier who sells the school uniform and no matter how the quality is we have to buy. I got my sons uniforms this morning and the feel of it was just not right .Its not cotton for sure.. The school which he goes to (JPS) is very particular about them wearing the right uniform with the logo on it. So just be calm and follow the flow Cheers!!
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 14:27
My experience from being in 2 schools here is that the schools don't regulate the uniforms as much as our private schools did back home. Even on the first day the "all white shoes," one-piece swim suits, etc...all broken by multiple students and continued throughout the school year. As long as you aren't going crazy and super obviously breaking the rules (ie school shirts are supposed to be white and you rock up there in red), then the schools might not care. At our schools, I could tell that many parents bought generic school uniforms from Marks & Spencer (or a similar store). The teachers have so many kids to worry about...checking to make sure the right logo is on the shorts/shirts wasn't a priority!
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 14:10
Hello ladies Have anyone of you noticed the change in the quality of uniforms purchased from threads uniform store. Today I got my DD school uniform for DAA and the feel of the material is so horrible it's just Polyster. It just dosent feel like cotton but only Polyster. Oh God how are they going to wear these type of uniforms in this kind of hot weather I am really concerned. hmmmmmm Is there any other store where I can get uniforms made of pure cotton fabric and not Polyster from China? And prices are so high of these uniforms that I could purchase 5 tops (cotton) at the price of one from Tesco.i feel cheated on paying these kind of prices and getting uniforms made with 100% Polyster. just cannot understand how does the school allow these uniform stores to rip us off. It's really not fair Please let me know of any other alternative? Thank you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY