Job recommendation! | ExpatWoman.com

Job recommendation!

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 15:51

Hello, I am new here in Dubai and have a job prospect with one of the real estate companies here, I would like to know if someone worked with the company before, what was the training process like? How long did it take? Do I have to sign a contract? Would there be any penalties if I quit early? I would need all information I can get about the company? I would truly appreciate it if someone can help me with that. The company is Fine & Country International. Thank you kindly!

Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 12:40
Thank you everyone for the help!
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 14:18
different companies offer different packages but you should at least be offered the RERA course and exam and visa/labour costs. Then it may be 50% of what the company makes on a deal (bare in mind that there are often cuts from landlord and other agents before the company gets its share of the 5% commission, and then you get half of that.) If there is a base salary you will get less commission. Real Estate is in a bad situation at the moment. Smith and Ken has gone bankrupt and left Dubai owing 80 staff pay and there are lots of other agencies going under. Try it if you have a back up salary (partner?) but it would be very risky to depend on what you can make.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 16:20
I would ask the company what their training process is as I doubt many ladies on this forum can answer that question As the OP said many real estate companies do not give a basic salary only commission. Personally speaking I would not work for a firm that did not pay a basic salary. Make sure they are willing to provide you with a visa and legally they are supposed to get labor approval before you start work. Read the contract carefully and only sign if you are happy to work for them Regarding labor bans they are all dependent upon education and salary given however they don't apply if you are working in a Freezone area or aren't given a visa.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 16:19
With lots of news of real estate agencies closing down due to slow business...I am surprised that they are hiring? Like the other poster said, do a thorough back ground check before going ahead.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY