HP!! FS1 2016 is there anything left? | ExpatWoman.com

HP!! FS1 2016 is there anything left?

Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 18:10

Hi ladies were moving back to dxb in the new year (we left in 2011).

I'm desperately trying to secure a place for my eldest in FS1/KG1 sept 2016.
Despite advice from friends still there to not bother until I arrive and find a place to live (I find this a bit odd), my gut is telling me to get it sorted ASAP. I'm happy to sort accom based on school location afterwards.

Every school I've contacted (by phone) so far has not given me any positive encouragement or hope of getting a place (mind you, they are happy to take my 500ead!). It seems it's waaaaaaay too late already for some or I'm too early for others to determine placements even though they've had applications open for 12 months..

Does anyone know if there are any places at school anywhere where from Downtown to Jebel Ali to Arabian Ranches with a UK or IB curriculum that have space or short wait lists for FS1 2016?

So far I've contacted
Jebel Ali
Horizon School
Gems Wellington
Horizon international
Emirates international (Jumeirah and meadows)
Raffels - Umm sequeim
Dubai Iternational Academy

Latest post on 18 October 2015 - 12:54
I think you'll find there are places everywhere as there are new schools everywhere and plenty of choice. It's not like before. We were offered places at Victory Heights, Kings, Jebel Ali and Hartland. We settled on Hartland because of the small class sizes and their ethos. So far, we're really happy with our choice and our daughter loves her teacher. I would visit as many schools as possible and get a feel for each one as one person's recommendation is another person's reservation.
Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 20:43
Still a few spaces at Safa Community School but hurry!
Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 20:43
Still a few spaces at Safa Community School but hurry!
Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 08:22
You could try Al Safa school, I've heard very good things about it. If you're open to living in Silicon Oasis, GEMS Wellington Silicon Oasis might have spaces, their fees are reasonable and we went for a tour and really liked it. Alternatively, you could put your child in Little Gems nursery for FS1 2016, and then he/she would get priority placement for FS2 2017 in in at least 1 of 3 GEMS schools of your choice. You could then try your top choice like Wllington Intl and Jumeirah Primary School with a much higher chance of them getting in. DD is attending Safa Little Gems FS1 and is very happy.
Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 06:23
Thanks everyone. Sorry I should have said Kings and Nord Angela and Dubai British school in JP are probably a bit pricy for me TBH. I might try Hartlands, AR primary, Safa and GEMS suggestions. Then also avoid hartland Gems the villa and metropole Or safa Good luck!
Latest post on 14 October 2015 - 00:42
Thanks everyone. Sorry I should have said Kings and Nord Angela and Dubai British school in JP are probably a bit pricy for me TBH. I might try Hartlands, AR primary, Safa and GEMS suggestions.
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 21:03
What about one of the new Kings Schools? Or the new Dubai British School in Jumeirah Park? Nord Anglia? Kings barsha is full for next years fs1 so try kings nad el shiba or Dubai British in jumeriah park.
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 21:00
Safa private Safa community school Gems metropole at motor city Gems first point at the villa Gems al khail
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 20:56
What about one of the new Kings Schools? Or the new Dubai British School in Jumeirah Park? Nord Anglia?
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 20:56
Look into kings nad al Sheba, Foremarke (if the crazy fees don't put you off) and there is a new school in business bay called Hartlands which has had many good things said about it.
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 20:02
Try Nord Anglia School - my son is in FS1 and loves it! I know they are having Early Years Open Sessions this week! Also there is the Ranches Primary School located in Arabian Ranches Phase 2 which may have placed as its newly opened Sept 2015..... Good luck as this is not an easy task....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY