School fees | ExpatWoman.com

School fees

Latest post on 04 February 2016 - 19:12
Define reasonable? For me when we chose the right school it was based 1st on the attitude of those who work there (who listen to our concerns) , a healthy culturally mixed environment, the curriculum and the number of students per class. There is a good school 10 mins away by car from our place but we chose a school in another city as we didn't like the attitude of the HOD when we applied for assessment. Call it gut feeling, it didn't feel the right school for us. I prefer smaller schools where we get noticed not large schools where we get lost in the crowd. I'm a big believer in following your gut feeling as a mum! you've done the right thing.
Latest post on 04 February 2016 - 19:09
Sorry to state the obvious, in Australia you pay extremely high tax to cover those good free schools. A reasonable school is one that after we paid the school fee; we still have more money left in our bank account than back home sending our kids to the "free" school. If you have a school that you can walk to where you live, I would definitely consider it, the amount of time many here in Dubai spend in traffic is ridiculous. OMG yes the tax in Australia is depressing...hence why we left. But we left for QATAR and ive been scarred for life with a phobia of traffic looking back it was **** on the school run. walking to school literally sounds like heaven to my ears....
Latest post on 04 February 2016 - 08:41
Ideally your school fee should be as per your education allowance or somewhere near it cause there are other costs to consider like expensive uniforms, book fee and extracurricular activity costs. Most people also budget for birthday parties in a school year. Start your search by narrowing down your prefered curriculum , fee you can afford not just for now but for coming three or four years and also distance from home. School runs become very tiring because of heavy traffic.
Latest post on 04 February 2016 - 08:09
Sorry to state the obvious, in Australia you pay extremely high tax to cover those good free schools. A reasonable school is one that after we paid the school fee; we still have more money left in our bank account than back home sending our kids to the "free" school. If you have a school that you can walk to where you live, I would definitely consider it, the amount of time many here in Dubai spend in traffic is ridiculous.
Latest post on 03 February 2016 - 23:35
Define reasonable? For me when we chose the right school it was based 1st on the attitude of those who work there (who listen to our concerns) , a healthy culturally mixed environment, the curriculum and the number of students per class. There is a good school 10 mins away by car from our place but we chose a school in another city as we didn't like the attitude of the HOD when we applied for assessment. Call it gut feeling, it didn't feel the right school for us. I prefer smaller schools where we get noticed not large schools where we get lost in the crowd.
Latest post on 03 February 2016 - 22:16
Hi all! What are you thoughts on reasonable school fees? I know it depends on many things eg income, number of children, living costs etc and my husband gets a education allowance but it won't cover all the fees .... My kids are only 3 is it too young , too early to be forking out a few thousand every month or is this the norm?. In Australia schools are virtually free till they are 12 and really it's only then you need to decide if private education is right for you and your kids. I know there are some fantastic community schools but this one in particular is close to home the convenience of walking to school would be beneficial..... Or a waste of money when I can pay considerably less a short drive away....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY