Support Groups for Depression | ExpatWoman.com

Support Groups for Depression

Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 15:22

Hello Fellow Expat Women :)

A friend of mine is currently suffering from depression. I'd like for him to join a support group that allows him to deal with it by either talking about it, or learning/finding strength through the experience of others.

I checked with Human Relations Institute (HRI), Dubai, but they don't have any new batches till May or June. Are there any other support groups in Dubai that you're aware of?

Thank you very much, any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 14:08
Thanks very much lemzy90 :)
Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 23:09
Hi there, It's worth looking on Meetups.com, there is a selection of groups on there who arrange meet ups in and around the area. And if he doesn't find the group he's looking for, then he can open a new group and meet like minded individuals and from there arrange the type of meet ups he is wanting. Hope that helps. :) xx
Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 15:54
Thank you Fiona001. I just called them up. The price seems to be out of what his budget would look like. I was actually hoping to find certain support groups that don't involve any costs, and it's essentially just a bunch of people sharing their experiences. Such support groups do exist in the US, but I'm uncertain as to their existence in this part of the world. Thanks anyway :)
Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 15:36
Don't know about support groups,but there is a mindfulness group at Lighthouse Arabia. Might help.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY