lone parent moving in September but I don't have the father's permission | ExpatWoman.com

lone parent moving in September but I don't have the father's permission

Latest post on 28 April 2016 - 16:17

Hi Guys

I'm wondering if someone can offer advice please.
I am a UK citizen but live in Spain at the moment. Fourteen months ago my daughter's father visited Spain to see my daughter but then refused to return her on the agreed day.
I have since stopped unsupervised contact and am waiting to go to court to gain full custody. We separated (never married) whilst I was pregnant and it was only when he took her and didn't return her and the Guardia Civil (police) wouldn't help because we'd never been to court, that I realised I needed to do this.

I have been offered a job in Dubai but I am worried I won't get her father's permission. He actually lives in the Middle East but I believe he won't agree simply to spite me.
He never calls her, he doesn't pay any maintenance, despite him earning a high salary.

Any advice on what to do?

Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 11:30
Hi Guys I'm wondering if someone can offer advice please. I am a UK citizen but live in Spain at the moment. Fourteen months ago my daughter's father visited Spain to see my daughter but then refused to return her on the agreed day. I have since stopped unsupervised contact and am waiting to go to court to gain full custody. We separated (never married) whilst I was pregnant and it was only when he took her and didn't return her and the Guardia Civil (police) wouldn't help because we'd never been to court, that I realised I needed to do this. I have been offered a job in Dubai but I am worried I won't get her father's permission. He actually lives in the Middle East but I believe he won't agree simply to spite me. He never calls her, he doesn't pay any maintenance, despite him earning a high salary. Any advice on what to do? Hi Coletteh74 dubai is a great place to be and safe to grow children. Here for the past 13years and have a friend with son living here for more than 5years.she divorced from a Muslim father officially. she is from East of of Europe.If the biological father has no objection u can enjoy ur life here to the max: maid,cleaning services...it's affordable! Many companies have good management and they got kids too:-).It's respectful u ll have the daughter with u and for sure ur company know about it and u got the offer. See u in Dubai! I'm not sure that you have fully read OP's post as she makes it clear that she does not have her child's, father's permission/no objection and is in the middle of a complex custody battle that has not yet gone to court. Until these problems are sorted out it would be very difficult to move here. Also, you say that there have been problems in the past getting your ex to return your child following custody visits. Have you asked your lawyers to research what would happen in Dubai if this happened or if your ex turned up and demanded custody?
Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 06:54
Hi Guys I'm wondering if someone can offer advice please. I am a UK citizen but live in Spain at the moment. Fourteen months ago my daughter's father visited Spain to see my daughter but then refused to return her on the agreed day. I have since stopped unsupervised contact and am waiting to go to court to gain full custody. We separated (never married) whilst I was pregnant and it was only when he took her and didn't return her and the Guardia Civil (police) wouldn't help because we'd never been to court, that I realised I needed to do this. I have been offered a job in Dubai but I am worried I won't get her father's permission. He actually lives in the Middle East but I believe he won't agree simply to spite me. He never calls her, he doesn't pay any maintenance, despite him earning a high salary. Any advice on what to do? Hi Coletteh74 dubai is a great place to be and safe to grow children. Here for the past 13years and have a friend with son living here for more than 5years.she divorced from a Muslim father officially. she is from East of of Europe.If the biological father has no objection u can enjoy ur life here to the max: maid,cleaning services...it's affordable! Many companies have good management and they got kids too:-).It's respectful u ll have the daughter with u and for sure ur company know about it and u got the offer. See u in Dubai!
Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 02:46
Hi, My husband and I have been resident in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Our first son has no farher on his birth certificate. His biological father didn't sign it ny choice and has had no contact with him. We had issues getting a visa for him but a good PRO did manage. It has made us think about returning en famille. Luckily new rules allow my husband to be on his passport as "second parent" although I can't remember if that is the exact terminology. It is hoped this may help in future but nothing in the UAE is consistent. In addition read this: https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-responsibilities/who-has-parental-responsibility Good luck.
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 10:18
Your first consideration would be having a child when not married as this is not allowed in Dubai although some people have not had trouble with it. Then if the father's name is on the child's birth certificate you would probably need his consent. I wouldn't say the first piece of your post is true. It's have a child out of wedlock HERE! If the child has been born to unmarried parents elsewhere, it's not their business. I know plenty of single parents living here, who came here with their children, were never married and never had any issues. So long as all the paperwork is done, there shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the clarification FD - i have always thought it was a grey area.
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 08:39
Your first consideration would be having a child when not married as this is not allowed in Dubai although some people have not had trouble with it. Then if the father's name is on the child's birth certificate you would probably need his consent. I wouldn't say the first piece of your post is true. It's have a child out of wedlock HERE! If the child has been born to unmarried parents elsewhere, it's not their business. I know plenty of single parents living here, who came here with their children, were never married and never had any issues. So long as all the paperwork is done, there shouldn't be an issue.
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 06:51
You cant come to the Middle East if you have not sorted out all your legal issues regarding child custody. Sort that out first and get full custody before anything else. There will be other job opportunities.
Latest post on 28 April 2016 - 17:10
Your best bet is not to look to work in the Middle East at all. You will find it a huge struggle and without the father's consent, you will never get a visa for your child.
Latest post on 28 April 2016 - 17:03
Your first consideration would be having a child when not married as this is not allowed in Dubai although some people have not had trouble with it. Then if the father's name is on the child's birth certificate you would probably need his consent.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY