Dubizzle Drama | ExpatWoman.com

Dubizzle Drama

Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 09:35

Question for you ladies, we sold some furniture yesterday. I had it listed on Dubizzle (as many some other groups online).
The family came over, paid cash for it, and was going to arrange a time to pick it up.
Now I get a whatsapp message this morning saying that the cousin has already bought this item for them and they don't want it any longer and want their money back.

I'm really annoyed, I had another person who I told not to come see it because it was sold, as well as multiple interest but after I deleted all the ads, I have no way to contact any of those people.
It sounds like a case of they found something they like better.

How would you handle it?

Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 10:16
They can get the cousin to take what he's bought back. It's not their fault really, as they probably didn't know. But it's a massive inconvenience to you obviously. My only issue would be is if they called the police and make a real fuss, you just don't know what would happen. Give them options, they can either come and take the furniture - seeing as they bought it. If not, you'll be keeping some of the money as compensation for another lost sale.
Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 10:04
A deal is a deal. They paid for it, you are under no obligation to return their money. They can either pick it up, or not, up to them.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY