Weather in Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Weather in Doha

Latest post on 28 May 2016 - 00:57

Dear All,

I am very pleased to come across this wonderful source of information for expat women.
I have got job offer and planning to relocate from UK to Doha in July-August. I have a little daughter who is 2,5 years old. I wanted to ask about weather in Doha. As my husband and daughter is allergic to dust it concerns me how severely sandy/dusty weather is there and how it affects lifes.
And being used to mild British weather the extreme weather (very hot outside and very cold inside) also concerns me.
Advise much appreciated.

Very best.

Latest post on 22 June 2016 - 10:55
The dust , if you are severly allergic , could be a problem . And there is dust all year round . Luckily though - the really bad dust days are far and few in between . My child's asthma gets really aggravated . Most days though , it is easily solved by meds and such . You will be fine if you are prepared .
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 16:57
Yep lots of dust at all times of year , and the summer is crazy hot . The first year was hard adjusting to climate but obviously plenty of people cope so don't worry to much. My husband and daughter both have allergic reactions to the dust however funny enough it always seems worse in the winter when the weather is cooler. I'm sure you will all be fine best of luck with the move . Think of the great opportunity, Doha is great . You will meet so many people embrace a new culture and enjoy sunshine, swimming year round ????