Safety in Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Safety in Doha

Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 12:47

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share with you something which happened to me recently and I hope I can find some help here with your own experiences as I feel it is affecting me and my life.
I recently got demoted from my grade to a lower one due to a complaint from another junior employee.
This happened when I just brought my mother to spend 2 months with me in Doha.
So I was off duty for nearly a month due to investigation and then decision.
Now, after the decision was made, I was very upset as all my plans collapsed and started feeling anxious since that day coz I’m paying an expensive rent and a loan, but that was not all.
The same night, while my mother and I were sleeping, we woke up frightened on a girl screaming so loud outside the apartment, she was crying so loud like someone was going to kill her and my mother and I froze, not only that after sometime she came outside our flat door and started banging and ringing the doorbell like crazy and trying to open it.
I could hardly call the security from my phone as I was so frightened.
After some time, I could hear someone grabbing her back into the nearby flat and beating her up and she was still screaming loud.
We had two other neighbors but no one came out, I guess everyone was scared.
Later the security guard called to say that he took everybody out from the flat and he found out they were drunk.
Police was not called.
Since that incident I’m devastated and I’m afraid to leave my mother alone and go to work.
Did anyone face something like this in Doha?
Any advice?
Thank you.