Layan Community | ExpatWoman.com

Layan Community

Latest post on 26 June 2016 - 19:59

Hi ladies,

does anyone of you live at the Layan community?

I would be interested to know insights about the compound such as condition of the villas, facilities nearby, shopping, as well as any information you may find useful to share.

Thank you very much!

Latest post on 03 July 2016 - 12:25
Thank you everyone for the great advise and support!
Latest post on 03 July 2016 - 05:09
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated
Latest post on 01 July 2016 - 14:35
The three bed apartments have a Maids room but those apartments don't come available very often. You need to call and get on the wait list. There are agency fees but I can't remember how much
Latest post on 01 July 2016 - 05:42
Lady Lavender, just to clarify, it's the 3 bedroom & 4 bedroom villas that will be coming available soon. They were leased and the company will not be renewing the leases. As far as I know, it's villas only.
Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 19:59
Our 3 bed apartment is around AED700 a month which includes the 5% tax ( annually 5% of the years rent) Hi Buddha! It was mentioned that there will possibly be a lot of openings at Layan soon. Can you advise of some of the upfront costs? Is there an agent fee for going direct? I reached out to another development nearby (handled by Emaar and soon to open) and they said using their preferred agent was required. That you couldn't avoid the agent.They didn't comment on if there was an agent fee. I am waiting for their reply. How is Layan handled? I thought there was a direct option. Do they charge for the agent fee? Are there maids rooms in the 3 bedroom apartments? PS: Thanks for sharing the Layan bill amount. Thanks!
Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 01:00
That's really great. Thank you for sharing Buddha. I appreciate it.
Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 00:12
Our 3 bed apartment is around AED700 a month which includes the 5% tax ( annually 5% of the years rent)
Latest post on 29 June 2016 - 11:38
Hi again, Could you ladies tell me hor much utilities you pay on average in Layan? Thank you very much!
Latest post on 28 June 2016 - 05:27
Thank you all for the great information!
Latest post on 27 June 2016 - 15:25
That's really great and thank you for letting us know this useful information Kaba. At the moment, they have only one unit available but knowing that soon there will be more is relieving. We will have a look at the compound this week to get a feel for it.
Latest post on 27 June 2016 - 05:59
Layan is a great community, apart from the excessive number of speed bumps on their access road and the fact that there is only one access in & out from 611 into both Layan & Al Waha. There is a small Choithrams, a nail/hair salon, a gym, and a cafe (part of Choithrams). There will be many empty villas in Layan as a company is moving all of their employees to another compound in the next few months.
Latest post on 27 June 2016 - 01:09
Thanks so much Buddha, that's really great to know. We will try and view the properties this week. @Lady Lavender, we are also looking at different options right now. Apartment budget all I can suggest is Layan 2BR Villa as well as flats in Silicone Oasis (Not keen on the traffic). There is Remraan 3 BR, but I read quiet a few bad reviews about it. I have lived in Shorook Mirdif for a while and I loved it back then. All three, Layan, Remraan and Shorook are run by Dubai Properties so it's best to contact them directly. Also, we have viewed villas in Al Ghadeer Village, but due very remote location and bad feedback from friends who bought there it's a no go. We will look into RAK this weekend. It's certainly a sacrifice but for a price of a flat in Dubai they offer beautiful and large villas and some even walking distance from the beach. Let's see how it goes. :-)
Latest post on 27 June 2016 - 00:58
Layan is great..good pool, gym. We have a Choitrams . Maintenance good and easy access onto highways.
Latest post on 26 June 2016 - 22:11
I'm interested as well. Seeking a new place in August. Need a 3 bedder (apartment budget). If you are an owner or know anyone leaving around this time please let me know!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY