alone in Saudi? | ExpatWoman.com

alone in Saudi?

Latest post on 29 June 2016 - 10:38

Been offered to apply for a job with Aramco in Dammam. Unfortunately they don't offer family visa. Can someone shed some light on this? Is it because women can't sponsor a man or is there still space for negotiation? Shared or own accommodation? How can I still see my husband, making the best of my vacation days? And most importantly: I have very occasional asthma (once a year) that always strikes at night. I'm not happy to be on my own in such case and possibly cannot get medical first aid. Any thoughts on that?

Latest post on 30 June 2016 - 18:55
It's difficult to get permission for a female to sponsor the rest of her family in KSA. The more senior you are, the more possible it might be, if your employer is on board with it. Would you be offered company accommodation ?? If so, you need to ask them about arrangements. On your own, I only know of family or single person units. I'm sure there is shared accommodation available tho. How will you get to work if not placed by the company? The asthma sounds scary. You need to decide if you can live on your own, with phone contacts if needed. Certainly, if you were my neighbour, I would tell you to ring, and i would come straight over if needed - understanding you are unlikely to be able to talk, would placing a silent call to someone be possible?