Moving to Dubai in October | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Dubai in October

Latest post on 28 July 2016 - 19:12

Hi,

We are moving to Dubai in October & the timing could'nt be more interesting. As it so happens, I am due in the first week of September...still dunno if it would be a normal or a c-sec, but we have to move by first week of October.

I have been doing research on the net but need good advice regarding schooling and apartments. I have a 51/2 yr old son, so have to find a school for him. We also need to look for 2-3 bedroom apartment in Greens/Views/JLT/Tecom as these places are closer to my husband's place of work.

Could someone please advise their views on the areas mentioned above... including parks, proximity to metro and supermarkets, schools (uk curriculumn), public transport etc.

Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 30 July 2016 - 21:30
Hi, I used to live in The Views and loved it whilst I was there. If you need more info about the buildings, amenities, etc, have a look at www.thegreensandviews.ae. Good luck with your move!!!
Latest post on 30 July 2016 - 20:09
Thanks so much for the feedback Sarahlou123 and Vesislava. :)
Latest post on 30 July 2016 - 20:01
Hey there sim135, First of all I wish you all luck with your labor. Hope all goes smoothly. I am already living in Abu Dhabi but when I first arrived in the UAE I was living for quite some time in Dubai Marina. Those places that you mentioned are quite close to the Marina and I would just wanna say that thats my favourite part of Dubai for sure. I used to work at Tecom and live at the Marina. Dubai marina, you have Barasti beach near, also the Marina walking area is beautiful. You've also got tram and metro there. JLT I would say is also quite good. Very similar and close to the Marina. I hope this helped! Good luck!
Latest post on 30 July 2016 - 15:25
I live In the Greens and love it here Plenty of families, nice places to walk and most buildings have small parks for the kids It is close to Mall of Emirates and Ibn Battuta At one end we have a small supermarket tailors beauty salon, pet shop, pharmacy and pizza place At the bottom end there are restaurants, coffee shops ice cream shop salon larger pharmacy pizza place and sunglasses shop I wouldn't live In Tecom as there is too much concrete and high rise buildings The Greens is green, clean, very well maintained. During Xmas they put a tree with lights in the fountain and the same at Ramadan ( nice lights) Emaar who developed the area are one of the best. Regent school is part of the Greens and two of my friends children go there

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY