Accredited unis in UAE ?? | ExpatWoman.com

Accredited unis in UAE ??

Latest post on 14 October 2016 - 10:31

Hi , what are the accredited unis here ? How to know by which site?
Would u send urs kids abroad or keep them here for uni??
In Europe they ask fiorAP exams as I know if my children has an American schooling is that correct ? Any uni in Europe w no AP ?

Latest post on 19 October 2016 - 13:15
http://www.mohesr.gov.ae/ Check this link its the official website of UAE's Ministry of Education - Higher Education Affairs
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 18:30
The issue is whether a university outside the UAE would even acknowledge your daughter has a BA, and would allow her to register in a MA program. "Non-accredited" means that outside a specific country, no one considers your degree has any value.
Latest post on 18 October 2016 - 14:59
Thanks a lot fir the teplies. So what i got us that the best one accepted in eurooe is AUS , the rest are a waste if time snd money . What about studying pharmacy ?? aUS doesnt have that degree? and if we get other degrees from non acredited unis and then we follow it w a masters in europe does it become accepted ? I dont want to limit my daughters and want them to have a wide variety of opetions .i heard of someone who studied in the medical university for girls in dubai and went fir a master and dictorate in london , dies that make her able to work in london for example ????ir she has to wirk in the gulf in all cases.?
Latest post on 17 October 2016 - 22:00
I did my master degree at UOWD and went for the option of receiving the degree from Australia. It was stamped and approved by the UAE embassy in Australia so I assume it is acredited here. My B.Sc. Is from the University of Sharjah, I didn't have to for IELTS or any English tests prior to applying for the Master degree although I'm not a native speaker but my TOEFL grade was recorded on my B.Sc. and the score was high. I'm not sure how it works now, I had my Master degree 10 years back.
Latest post on 17 October 2016 - 20:22
I was studying at UOWD when they finally received their MOE accreditation. For locals it officially meant their degree was government recognised. But when you graduate, you get the choice of having a UOW Australia or UOWD degree. The former needs all of the official attestation to be recognisef here, the latter can be validated by the ministry in Abu Dhabi.
Latest post on 17 October 2016 - 18:08
AUS is accredited by Middle States in the US, which means most other countries in the world will recognize that you have the degree they grant you. Some universities are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, which makes their degrees not as... useful, if you are an expat. You need to check which agency is accrediting the university you want to attend, and btw all of them require an IELTS score of course (if the medium of instruction is English). I don't know who accredits Wollongong... and I do not work for AUS. I am just in the education business and that's where I would put my money. Expensive but worth it!
Latest post on 17 October 2016 - 09:45
Thanks a lot . So the other unis like canadian for ex is not . When not accredited , that means that is someone studies in them , it is only accepted in the gulf as a bachelor ? What about doing a post graduate , like masters , abroad based on a university that is nit credited .would it be accepted???i dont really know .or Is it just a total waste of money and time???
Latest post on 17 October 2016 - 09:05
UOWD is accredited. IELTS language testing is required. Althougg, my UK friend who is a native English apeaker had to do a 1 year foundation xorse prior the bachelor study for language. Due to the multicultural nature of UK, US, OZ etc. These days many univeraities no longee assume a western national knows English so tests are required for everyone.
Latest post on 16 October 2016 - 21:26
To make a long story short (and btw I do work in Academia) one university in the UAE that's worth the financial investment is American University in Sharjah. Unlike AUD which is accredited by an "umbrella" university in the US, AUS has its own accreditation by Middle States. NYU Abu Dhabi is supposed to be quite good as well but I am not sure it has its individual accreditation yet. HTH
Latest post on 16 October 2016 - 19:07
No one heard of that ??

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY