Finding a fresh graduate job/internship/traineeship in UAE as an international student | ExpatWoman.com

Finding a fresh graduate job/internship/traineeship in UAE as an international student

Latest post on 24 October 2016 - 19:17

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about finding a job/internship/traineeship in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah) and would be glad if anyone here can answer them as I'm unsure about coming here & need some advice.

1) Should I come here on a 3 month visa as a fresher or should I get some experience in my own country first? I've heard that here only UAE experience counts. Is it true?

2) I also heard that currently the UAE job market is down so is Jan 2017 or Feb/Mar 2017 a good time to come?

3) What are the most efficient ways to find a job/internship/traineeship in UAE as a fresher? Are there any recruitment consultancies in UAE that cater to freshers? I know about internsme.com and have applied there for many positions.

4) Should I attest my transcripts at a UAE embassy in my own country before coming to UAE? Do I have to attest only my most recent academic transcripts?

5) How do I find accommodation before I come to UAE? I checked Dubizzle but how do I pay there?Where can I find info on the total cost of living here including rent, food, transport etc?

Thanks

Latest post on 26 October 2016 - 22:36
Things are much clear now. Thanks everyone.
Latest post on 25 October 2016 - 11:44
There are almost no internship/graduate schemes available in the UAE unless you are a fluent Arab speaker or an Emirati. I know this from first hand experience. Certain roles exist if you have connections and are already here. I would do as sarahlou123 suggested, stay put and gain valuable experience where you are then with that (2-3 years min.) try here...A postgraduate qualification helps on top of years of experience.
Latest post on 25 October 2016 - 08:16
We see a lot of graduate roles however they do tend to be for Emirati or Arabic speaking candidates and aren't the best paid. Yes experience is key and most companies prefer a minimum of three years work experience and even some here in the UAE. The job market is very quiet at present due to the oil and gas decline however I doubt it will be flooded with roles in Jan or Feb of next year. Many firms are making redundancies. The cost of living here is very high and sadly not all employers have increased salaries inline with the cost of living. Many people choose to live in Sharjah as accommodation is cheaper however the morning commute from there is horrific and the transport links can mean you have to set off hours before you start work. Personally speaking unless you have a huge amount of start up cash behind you or are residing in the region living with Parents or a Spouse then I would stay at home, get some experience behind you and keep an eye on the job market. With regards to attestation of documents yes do them in your home country and it should be your highest certificate attested

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY