Simple Arabic lunch suggestions | ExpatWoman.com

Simple Arabic lunch suggestions

Latest post on 24 November 2016 - 08:56
I forgot to mention you can find tinned stuffed vine leaves in the Co-op which are surprisingly yummy, I don't usually like them but these were really nice: https://www.desertcart.ae/products/4676890-al-wadi-gourmet-stuffed-vine-leaves-10-ounce-cans-pack-of-6 You can find different sized tins and it's not as expensive as above. Good luck!
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 15:54
Wow, thank you so much for that reply! So many great ideas here! :cool: Lots for me to try!:)
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 13:54
Hi Cruiseaddict, I would serve: Simple mezze: * Mixed Olives * Fried/grilled halloumi (just slice and put in the frying pan and flip when it becomes golden) * Moutbal (aubergine dip - just put the aubergine on a naked flame until blackened, peel, add some tahini, garlic and yoghurt to it and blend) * Labne/cream cheese (you can buy it ready made in the supermarket, just drizzle some olive oil over it and add a sprig of mint) * Salad like Fattoush * Arabic pastries I would order from an Arabic restaurant (Cheese Sambusek/ Sfiha ) As for the main, there are so many options. Here are some really great food blogs with delicious recipes www.maryamsculinarywonders.com - Arabic & International Cuisine www.yasalamcooking.com - GCC & International Cuisine www.tasteofbeirut.com - Lebanese & Arabic Cuisine www.cookingwithalia.com - Moroccan Cuisine www.daliaskitchen.com - Arabic & International Cuisine As for dessert - Hail wa Zafaran has some awesome Arabic sweets otherwise - baklawa served with Turkish coffee or a delicious Moroccan mint tea
Latest post on 23 November 2016 - 08:59
Hi ladies, I've got family visiting from London this weekend and wanted to do a simple Arabic lunch for them on Saturday. What would you recommend I serve them? Salads? I would like it to be as authentic as possible but without spending hours in the kitchen as I want to spend my time with them. Thank you

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY