Ejari - landlord has not removed previous Ejari | ExpatWoman.com

Ejari - landlord has not removed previous Ejari

Latest post on 07 January 2017 - 16:33
You can cancel it, bring tenancy contract passport/visa copy of landlord and previous tenant, cost is 30 dhs.
Latest post on 06 January 2017 - 07:47
What do you mean cancel it? The Ejari certificates are only valid for 12 months and linked to the tenancy contract. That's what we assumed but on the system it is marked as reserved for the landlord and only he can unblock it apparently. I have tried to register our lease but was told that the landlord had to cancel the previous one even though it had expired.
Latest post on 06 January 2017 - 01:52
What do you mean cancel it? The Ejari certificates are only valid for 12 months and linked to the tenancy contract.
Latest post on 05 January 2017 - 23:02
My landlord is a GCC National and has not cancelled the previous Ejari on the system at the Lands Department. He is from a well connected family. I have been trying to get him to do it but he is always travelling. In the meantime, our housemaid and my daughter's visas have just expired and we cannot renew their visas without the Ejari. Does anyone have any suggestions?! There doesn't seem to be a way round it. It is getting quite urgent but the landlord doesn't seem to share the urgency.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY