How to dress for a Qatari wedding | ExpatWoman.com

How to dress for a Qatari wedding

Latest post on 09 May 2017 - 13:39
Weddings here in Qatar are extremely extravagant affairs with the families going all out to make the event look like a dream no less. The wedding party typically starts after the isha prayer, approximately around 8pm. Guests keep trickling in and settle down and are treated to frequent hors d'oeuvre brought in by prettily dressed maids. Sometimes even expensive chocolates from places like Chopin and Patchi are brought in. Most of the women are in nice evening dresses, Impeccable make-up, expensive branded shoes and elaborately done hair. Plenty of delicious food. You could probably eat till you drop! People eat and then go back for some more dancing. And then eat some more. This goes well into the wee hours of the morning. People typically leave the party by around 4 or 5am. One of the best events to attend. Have fun! Phew! ...That was long! hahaha, but i thought it would be nice to share a few more details :)
Latest post on 01 March 2017 - 11:13
From experience : a ball gown if you have it . You wont look out of place at all .
Latest post on 20 February 2017 - 13:37
Hello I am happy and honoured to have been invited to a Qatari wedding. What do I wear? Anyone been to a Qatari wedding? I'm so looking forward to it but I don't want to make a fool of myself. I've been told it's a big wedding. Your advice would be appreciated.