Rules for hiring new phillipino maid | ExpatWoman.com

Rules for hiring new phillipino maid

Latest post on 04 May 2017 - 07:51

Hi all,

I have read lots of conflicting reports about the process for hiring a new maid directly from the Phillipines...

Please has anyone gone through the process recently? Has the ban been lifted? Is it just a matter of getting an employment contract registered with the embassy in Dubai?

Any advice on how this process works would be appreciated!

Thank you

Latest post on 15 October 2017 - 08:23
Ban on Domestic Helper still continues. Though Hiring locally available maids seem easier choice, but since their recruitment is against their country's law, they won't be able to go home (they will not be allowed out once in the country). Going through recruitment agency is legal method and you may find replacement if the maid didn't work well. good luck. Hi, I'm concerned about this post above - anyone knows if this is still the case? I hired a Filippino nanny in February (she came on a tourist visa initially), she has all required papers here in the UAE and her annual leave is coming up for Christmas. Are you saying that there's a chance she can't return to the UAE after her annual leave is over?....
Latest post on 13 May 2017 - 18:23
Ban on Domestic Helper still continues. Though Hiring locally available maids seem easier choice, but since their recruitment is against their country's law, they won't be able to go home (they will not be allowed out once in the country). Going through recruitment agency is legal method and you may find replacement if the maid didn't work well. good luck.
Latest post on 07 May 2017 - 10:30
thanks Clessani1 - can you recommend any agencies in Dubai?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY