Visit Visas in Oman
This can be a somewhat tricky procedure if your visitor is not from one of the visit visa on arrival countries and the rules and regulations change regularly. We have summarised as much as possible below and given you links to resources to help you.
Granted by the competent authority to the foreigner who wishes to visit the Sultanate for tourism, in order to authorize the holder to enter and stay in the country for a period of one month maybe extended for a similar period, as follows:
- Valid for use within six months from the date of issuance.
- Valid for staying in the country for a period not exceeding thirty days from the date of entry.
- Number of trips: one trip only.
- May be extended for a similar period.
- Fees: (20) Omani Riyals.
- Fine: Upon expiration of the visa (10) ten Riyals for each day of delay.
- If the visa from local sponsor the fees are (5) Omani Riyals
Procedures for the issuing of a tourist visa of the following countries: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Britain, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedon, Malaysia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Suriname, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunis, Turkey, United States of America, Uruguay, Vatican.
- From all representations of the Sultanate of abroad without local sponsorship.
- All the legal entries.
- From the Directorate General of Passports and Residence or any branch thereof at the regional police commands.
- Submission of electronic application form by a local sponsor, under his responsibility (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for a tourist).
Procedures for the issuing a tourist visa, out of the country list:
Issuing this type of visa Department of Passports and Residence, or one of its branches in region areas at the request of a local sponsor, (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for the same) and in the following manner:
- Submission of electronic visa application form local sponsor, under the responsibility of (one of the tourist companies or offices or hotels licensed for tourism).
- Enclose a letter from the sponsor a foreigner sponsorship application guarantor or approved by the sponsor or the authorized signature and sealed with the seal of the institution.
- Enclose copy of valid commercial registration and chamber of commerce certificate and a copy of signature authorization.
- Enclose copy of the foreigner passport and should be valid not less than six months.
- Two photographs (4 x 6) cm.
ENTRY VISA FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS IN GCC STATES
To be issued by all passageways and Sultanate embassies in GCC for the expatriates resident in GCC who are interesting to visit the country for tourism purposes and from approved professions without sponsor. It also issue to their relatives accompanying them as follows:
- Valid for use: for a period of four weeks extendable for one week.
- Fees: R.O. 5.
- The visa is granted free for dependants below 18 years.
- Delay fines: R.O. 10 for every day.
- Submission of application form to the entry passageway staff after filling the application with the required statements.
- The person should have valid residence in any GCC country.
- From the professions approved to enter without sponsor.
- Valid passport for a period not less than six months.
- Families of the residents, their drivers, house maids and companions are benefit from these facilities provided that they should present their labour cards and their passports are valid for a period not less than three months.
- All nationalities resident in GCC are benefit from these facilities.
- The expatriate benefit from this visa should come directly from one of GCC.
RELATIVE / FRIENDS' VISIT VISA
It is granted to the relatives and friends of an Omani national at his request and under his sponsorship. It is also granted to the relatives of a foreigner who is resident in Oman at the request of and on the responsibility of his sponsor. (This introduction shows that this kind of visa does not grant the foreigner’s foreign friends the visa, but only to his relatives, while the Omani national’s friend can benefit from such visa), which shall be subject to approval and discretion of the concerned authority.
The visa shall be as follows:
- Valid for use: Within six months from the date of issuance.
- Validity for staying in the Sultanate: Three months from the date of entry.
- Validity for extension: One month and valid for one entry.
- Fees: 20 Omani Riyals.
- Fines for delay extension: (10) ten Omani riyals per day.
Presenting the electronic application form available through the website, to be endorsed and stamped by the sponsor, and to be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals and in English for Non-Arab nationals, enclosing the following documents:
- Two photographs size (4X6) cm.
- Copy of the foreigner’s passport, provided it is valid for a period not less than six months.
- Copy of the specimen signature of the authorised signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. In case of personal sponsorships, a copy of the sponsor’s personal identity card is required for signature comparison.
- Copy of the passport of the foreign resident, who shall be visited (to verify the relationship degree).
- A letter of undertaking in which the sponsor declares that he shall be responsible for the visitor during his visit to Oman, and must mention his relationship with that visitor.
COMMON VISA FACILITY WITH THE EMIRATE OF DUBAI
For encouraging tourism between the Sultanate and Emirate of Dubai, it is allowed to every one who obtained tourist visa of Emirate of Dubai to whom on the list No. (1) and granted free for three weeks in case of Emirate of Dubai visa is valid for at least three weeks, otherwise he should obtain a new visa from the arrival point for new fees (6) Omani Riyals, and this typical procedures will be applied for the tourist bearer of the Sultanate tourist visa and wishing to visit Emirate of Dubai.
- Fees: No fees are charged. Fees are only paid to the relevant authorities in the Emirate of Dubai.
- Procedures on how to get the visa: A seal of entry should be stamped at the legal point of entry on the passport for three weeks after registering all passport holder data.
- Visa validity: Three weeks only.
- Extension term: One week only.
- A fine of (10) ten Omani riyals per day is charged for an overstay beyond the validity term of the visa.
The countries benefiting from this type of visa are:
Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Macedonia, Albania, Hungary, Britain, Sweden, Ukraine, Greece, Austria, Ireland, Finland, Russia, Bulgaria, Germany, Iceland, Estonia, Belgium, Norway, Latvia, Slovakia, Moldova, The Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Columbia, Venezuela, French Guiana, Suriname, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Thailand, The Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia, China, New Zealand, South Africa, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore.
COMMON VISA FACILITY WITH THE STATE OF QATAR
In accordance with the Sultanate of Oman’s and State of Qatar’s governments endeavours to promote tourism between both countries, both governments have agreed to facilitate the tourist exchange through the issuance of joint entry visas for the countries mentioned in the list. The visa shall be considered as cancelled in case the tourist enters another country (third party) prior to his arrival to the Sultanate. In this case he has to obtain a new tourist visa from the Sultanate’s Embassies or at his arrival at the Sultanate’s airports with a fee of (10) Omani Riyals, in case he intends to enter the State of Qatar on condition that he doesn’t enter another country (third party) prior to his arrival to the State of Qatar.
Procedures for obtaining the visa:
- Filling the designated form and stamping it from the concerned authorities at the State of Qatar.
- Validity of the Visa: One month from the date of issuance.
- Extension period: Valid for extension for one week only, and can be extended from the other country.
The countries benefiting from this type of visa are:
USA, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Finland, Spain, Monaco, The Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Brunei Darussalam, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea.
For more information, you can check the Royal Oman Police website
*Last updated March 2012