24 February 2014
Blueberry Coulis Pancakes
1. Crush the blueberries to release as much of the juice as possible
you may wish to blend them to extract the juice. Then pass through a sieve and discard the seeds and skins, leaving a smooth, thick blueberry juice.
2. Mix in the sugar and add the lemon juice, mixing together well.
3. In a saucepan, simmer the mixture gently over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
4. Stir it well and place in a jug or jar in the fridge to cool.
5. Serve with the warm pancakes, along with a spoonful of crème fraiche or thick cream.