19 March 2014
Cheese and sesame seed straws
1. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and mix in the cayenne pepper.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub in.
3. Grate the parmesan cheese into the mixture and mix well.
4. Beat the egg and mustard powder together then add to the mixture and bring it together into a dough.
5. Knead the dough gently and roll out on a floured surface. Cut into straw shapes, brush with a mixture of beaten egg and milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds, pressing them in lightly with the rolling pin.
6. Place the cheese straws on a greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven, about 180 degrees (depending on your oven), for 15-20 minutes.