Scrumptious Ways to Celebrate World Vegan Month This Year
This November, discover the best of vegan cuisine at Dubai Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf
3 November 2019
The popularity of plant-based dishes has grown in the UAE
Veganism is the fastest-growing lifestyle in the world, joining the rankings of 2018's top consumer trends. In the UK alone, the number of people who identify as vegan increased by 350% according to The Vegan Society, and the US also experienced a 600% rise of veganism in the last five years.
So it's no surprise that foodie-destination Dubai has also seen an increase of people adopting the lifestyle, with more and more restaurants, grocers, and chefs offering vegan choices. With World Vegan Month returning from November 1 - 30, it's the perfect time for vegans in the UAE to celebrate the healthy and environmentally-friendly living or for newcomers to kickstart their vegan journey.
Dubai Marriott Al Jaddaf , a luxurious five-star hotel, is celebrating with a delicious vegan menu throughout World Vegan Month, which has been especially made by renowed chefs.
Located at just a short distance from the Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial Centre, and Dubai Festival City, Marriott Al Jaddaf is easily accessible for most of the city's central business hubs.
To top it off, you'll also get a voucher worth AED 150 to avail at the hotel's award-winning spa.
Why go vegan?
Veganism has been scientifically proven to have heaps of personal health benefits.
- A vegan diet can reduce risks of heart disease
- A vegan diet can offer protection against certain cancers and even Type 2 diabetes
- It can help you lose weight, as a controlled vegan diet will reduce your body mass index (BMI)
- Vegan dishes will help lower blood sugar levels and improve kidneys
- Vegan diets with probiotic-rich whole foods can decrease symptoms of osteoarthritis and arthritis