After RP cancellation | ExpatWoman.com

After RP cancellation

Latest post on 22 June 2011 - 07:52

How long can you stay in Qatar after your RP has been cancelled due to a relocation? I need to stay for 1 month after my husband (who is my sponsor) has had his RP cancelled.

Is there a daily charge?

TIA

DC

Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 11:17
Yup, I flew out to Dubai for a long weekend. I get visa-on-arrival for Qatar. But my eGate will no longer work so I went into Al Maha lounge (did not want to queue) with my gold Qatar Airways Privilege Club card and they helped get the visa sorted while I waited in the lounge. I am now waiting for my sponsorship under Husband to complete. FYI: I saw this on the board at the Airport Immigration where people go to extend/renew visas. If you wanna clarify things with the airport, they very friendly. It's a bit long: http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=192082&version=1&template_id=57&parent_id=56 edited by GoodMorning on 25/06/2011 Thanks for that - I might just do the same as you and head away for a weekend. DC
Latest post on 25 June 2011 - 08:59
When I had my RP cancelled, I was reminded by my HR that my passport would have gone through a few desks on the way back to me - so I might lose a few days out of that 1 week. Just be careful. Goodmorning: Did you have to leave within a week of the cancellation date then and, if so, did you just do a visa run and come back in on a visit visa as RachelA suggested? Kiwispiers - does this apply to cancelled as well as expired RPs? DC <em>edited by DohaCheeky on 25/06/2011</em>
Latest post on 24 June 2011 - 09:25
I think the fine for expired RP is 10 QAR per day. I don't know if you can just pay it at the airport when you leave though.
Latest post on 22 June 2011 - 20:18
I think a fine might be an option too - but not sure how much it is per day. Guess it would be worth finding out, as flights + QR 100 for tourist visa might = more than fine x 30 days.
Latest post on 22 June 2011 - 08:12
Thanks for that. Seems that would be the option - I thought perhaps it may be that I could pay a daily 'overstay' fine but perhaps that's not the case after all. I'll hop over to Dubai for a day and come back then. DC
Latest post on 22 June 2011 - 08:09
You have 1 week to leave after cancellation. And I'm pretty sure that when his is cancelled, yours will be too. If you can obtain a visa on arrival, your best bet would be to leave once it's been cancelled and re-enter on a tourist visa for 1 month.