Cheese-y question! | ExpatWoman.com

Cheese-y question!

Latest post on 29 March 2012 - 14:01

Ladies,

Can anyone recommend the best cheese to give my 16 month LO?

Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Latest post on 29 March 2012 - 21:10
Yes, as lillie34 says, the only thing to really avoid is anything unpasturised. Other than that, I also would prefer not to give my LO anything highly processed. Anything else I think is fine.
Latest post on 29 March 2012 - 14:49
wouldn't give any cheeses made from unpasteurized milk - although I haven't encountered any here yet, and frankly most of these cheeses wouldn't apeal to a toddler anyway as they tend to be very "fragrant" I would also steer clear from any of the highly processed cheeses (like kraft cheese slices) and just stick with cheddar , gouda or other cheese that has not been processed to much. When it even says "cheese like product" in stead of "cheese" on the package don't buy it. Cream cheese should be fine too. Labneh has always been a big hit in our house as it makes a good finger food with little pieces of pita bread and/or pieces of cucumber to dip in.
Latest post on 29 March 2012 - 14:27
I'd steer clear of the brie type ones although not sure why and also anything overly strong but other than that I'd say anything goes...mine all nibbled on chunks of cheddar from about 12 mths

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY