Looking for Speech therapy center | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for Speech therapy center

Latest post on 24 December 2013 - 12:56

Hello ladies need help I'm looking for Speech Therapy center as my son has speech delay issue he is 2 yrs & 5 months old his mile stone were normal like holding head,sitting,walking,holding things & even started making babbling sounds but he used to have ear infection often & he was diagnosed at the age of 2 with fluid in his ears & was operated on September 13th 2013 now he ear tubes in both ears later I took him to one of the Speech therapist in my country where she told me that he is delayed in his speech & he need regular therapy sessions for 2 yrs so i am looking for one but I don't have any clue which one is good or well recognized please guide me I have visited Kidz in motion Centre plus I would like to know your opinion has any one gone through this situation or do u know someone around your friends,relatives or neighbors coz I'm really confused

Latest post on 19 February 2015 - 14:15
The Developing Child Centre. My son sees an amazing ST named Med Klein.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 14:16
Kalimati in Mirdif, Reach out in Knowledge Village, stepping stones in health care city, Child Learning & Enrichment Medical Center in Al wasil Road.
Latest post on 21 January 2015 - 16:38
Dear all,Thank you very much for your kind reply really appreciate ur kind gesture. I agree speech delay kids require nursery where they can help children to improve them rather making it difficult for parents & Childers. I had a very bad experience will definitely look to nurseries which hv been recommended by you guys May God bless you all & ur family
Latest post on 20 May 2014 - 13:34
can you tell me which speech therapist is good in kids-first ?they have 6 experts and a friend of mine said she didnt have a good experience there.... i am actually looking for a good speech professional not a good center.
Latest post on 19 March 2014 - 21:41
I have four children - three of whom have had speech delay issues. My son started at a nursery in Dubai around the age of two and a half but it wasn't until a year and a half later that a comment made by the primary school I was trying to get him into suggested that he might be speech delayed. I, of course felt so guilty about not recognising the problem myself and couldn't understand why the nursery hadn't recognised it either. So we started on the long journey of separate speech therapy sessions and he has improved so much thank goodness. So when my youngest daughter was approaching nursery age (and a doctor had said that she was showing signs of a speech delay during a routine visit) I was keen to find a nursery that could help her with her possible speech delay before we had to resort to long term speech therapy sessions again. Then I found 'Play and Learn' nursery near Safa Park (www.playandlearn.ws) which is owned by a UK trained Speech and Language therapist and offers early intervention assessments and home programs for the children she identifies as having speech issues. She monitors their progress in the classroom and suggests ways to help them develop at home. It is also a Montessori nursery and beautifully well equipped and staffed. My 22 month old has benefited so much from the attention that she gets there and we have noticed such an improvement in her vocabulary in the last couple of months. I really suggest that if you have a child with speech issues that you put your child into a nursery that will work with you on this - otherwise valuable time is lost and bad speech and language habits become harder to break later on. I know that from bitter experience with my son. My other daughter (now at primary school) was only accepted into that school on the basis that she has regular external speech therapy sessions as well. If only we had intervened earlier with her too.....
Latest post on 17 March 2014 - 21:26
We use Kids First in Jumeriah for Speech and have been very happy. We use Kids in Motion for OT and are also very happy. Price is comparable to any other center. I have heard good things about Kalimati also. If you are close to Mirdiff there is also speech therapy available at Uptown Physio. I agree place your son in a nursery if you can as this helped my DD. We enrolled at Indigo Valley Nursery in Al Twar. They run an inclusion program which has done wonders with my DD and helped to reinforce her therapy. It's not easy to know where is good recommendations help but it also comes down to the therapist and their relationship with your child. Good luck
Latest post on 13 March 2014 - 09:42
Hello ladies need help I'm looking for Speech Therapy center as my son has speech delay issue he is 2 yrs & 5 months old his mile stone were normal like holding head,sitting,walking,holding things & even started making babbling sounds but he used to have ear infection often & he was diagnosed at the age of 2 with fluid in his ears & was operated on September 13th 2013 now he ear tubes in both ears later I took him to one of the Speech therapist in my country where she told me that he is delayed in his speech & he need regular therapy sessions for 2 yrs so i am looking for one but I don't have any clue which one is good or well recognized please guide me I have visited Kidz in motion Centre plus I would like to know your opinion has any one gone through this situation or do u know someone around your friends,relatives or neighbors coz I'm really confused Hi dear ,I suggest you to put your child in first steps nursery ,cause they have a special class for special needs and they will improve amazingly, I saw some children there as I registered my children there who couldn't say even any sounds or letters but after like 1 month, they were really improved in everything, even they were able to sing a song and it was shocking for me.I really believe in a teacher who is specialized in speech therapy and this teacher is really expert in it.so don't worry at all, you can have a look at this nursery which is in Jumeira 3 exactly opposite of Jumeira beach hotel and you'll decide better.
Latest post on 05 February 2014 - 17:47
Dubai Community Health Centre, behind Al Nassr Leisureland has 4 speech and language therapists. I am sure one of them will be able to advise and help you.
Latest post on 29 January 2014 - 20:33
Kids First on Al Wasl Road come in to our school to do speech therapy with the kids.
Latest post on 02 January 2014 - 12:26
Thank u plum2 but Is there many mom getting his or her child treated it will be very kind from there side to let me know we can share our notes on this situation not to offend anyone here it's just he is my first baby plus with this issues & here in Dubai parents like me don't get proper channel for treatment...if any of u or any of ur friend can contact me it will be a huge favor & can actually understand what the baby & the mother going through have visited many doctors (pedi)they all have different opinions I'm very confused & time is passing by plus have already paid a lot on different consultations fee kindly please help me out
Latest post on 28 December 2013 - 15:49
I can also recommend Kalimati if you are in that area.
Latest post on 26 December 2013 - 15:02
Thank you so much wickedangel definitely I'll check as Mirdiff is near from my location in a mean while I would love to have more feed backs
Latest post on 24 December 2013 - 14:19
http://kalimati.org/index.php/pages/contact My friend uses Kalimati in Mirdif, she tried kids in motion but according to her it's over priced for their service

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY