Kitten | ExpatWoman.com

Kitten

Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 10:00

Yesterday evening as i was going home after grocery shopping i kept hearing a meow.. a very sad hurtful meow like the cat was crying.. at first i thought it was stuck under my car so i stopped ( i was reversing out of the parking) to listent to it properly. But it didn't seem like it was coming from under the car. so i was about to reverse again when there it was.. the poor kitten dragging it self with its front paws.. it has been hit and severly injured with it's back legs GONE.. it was a horrific scene.. broke my heart.. i wanted to help i didn't know what to do.. blood pouring from its back.. I SWEAR IT WAS COMPLETELY GONE.. and this poor kitten just kept crying and kept moving forward.. dirt everywhere.. it was like something out of a horror movie.. i drove out quickly to try and find a box so that i could take it to the nearest vet.. 10 mins later i go back looking for it and the poor kitten has lost it's life.. i know this is horrible but i wish it died immediately rather than suffer like that.. dragging itself and you could see the blood trail.. it was so sad.. i always see dead kittens/cats on the street and i always feel sad and get goosebumps all over.. but this.. this was just bad.. it needs to stop.. i just wish i could have done more.. but it was too late.. i don't think the kitten would have made it anyway.. it was so badly injured.. but THIS NEEDS TO STOP.. i was just so heart broken..

Latest post on 10 January 2014 - 23:40
That's very sad. At least she was given a chance and I hope she knew how much people cared and tried to save her.
Latest post on 10 January 2014 - 21:59
SJ1968 I am so sorry ...... Little mite is in a far better place.. Hugs
Latest post on 10 January 2014 - 21:32
Sorry to advise that little Bella passed away this afternoon - despite all efforts by the excellent vets. :-(
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 23:40
I'm very happy that I can't sleep hehe. Thanks to everyone who helped. Xxx
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 23:13
I'm delighted the kitten was rescued and is now doing well. Well done to Singarosa and SJ1968 for caring and getting involved. Singarosa, I'm particularly happy for you that your day has ended with a kitten being saved with your help after the very sad episode with the other poor kitten.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 22:53
Bella... I love it.. she is a beauty if I say so myself even tho she looked sad poor little chubby bella. Can't wait for the news tom... and can't wait for the next time I'm in dubai. I'll let you know. Truelyv awesome person you are.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 22:39
Oh Bless You SJ1968 and to you Singarosa for not giving up. I was sitting here in Canada not able to physically to do anything other than send up a few prayers and bombard you both with positive energy...... As to the other suggestion about spreading the word and taking action to reduce the stray population , it is like a little leak that over time will turn into a flood....All it takes is for as many of us to take action not just shake our heads and move on. If you see a stray in a situation that you can help SNR ,take the time effort and yes possibly a small donation. Every little bit helps ,it starts with helping the first one. Eta please let us know how the poor mite is doing. edited by Nomad on 08/01/2014 Great news! Vet has just called me to say she approx 2 moths old - no suspected fractures, 'emptying' herself well but may have a spinal cord infection from a fall or similar. Quite a chubby little thing by all accounts. Now settling in for a warm night on antibiotics and awaiting an X-ray to confirm in the morning!! Good news to the the end of the evening. You are the most wonderful person ever. I really want to meet you and give you a big huge hug. I can't thank you enough. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm so glad it turned out ok. I wish I could have done more. Im literally crying from joy. I was so worried and I'm so glad this evening ended well. Hope the kitten gets well soon. Omg so happy. Please keep us updated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Singorosa - you are the one that saved her - without you, she would not be receiving the care now if you had not seen her. We have named her Bella and will keep you updated. We shall meet for a coffee and hug :-) <em>edited by SJ1968 on 08/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 22:31
Oh Bless You SJ1968 and to you Singarosa for not giving up. I was sitting here in Canada not able to physically to do anything other than send up a few prayers and bombard you both with positive energy...... As to the other suggestion about spreading the word and taking action to reduce the stray population , it is like a little leak that over time will turn into a flood....All it takes is for as many of us to take action not just shake our heads and move on. If you see a stray in a situation that you can help SNR ,take the time effort and yes possibly a small donation. Every little bit helps ,it starts with helping the first one. Eta please let us know how the poor mite is doing. edited by Nomad on 08/01/2014 Great news! Vet has just called me to say she approx 2 moths old - no suspected fractures, 'emptying' herself well but may have a spinal cord infection from a fall or similar. Quite a chubby little thing by all accounts. Now settling in for a warm night on antibiotics and awaiting an X-ray to confirm in the morning!! Good news to the the end of the evening. You are the most wonderful person ever. I really want to meet you and give you a big huge hug. I can't thank you enough. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm so glad it turned out ok. I wish I could have done more. Im literally crying from joy. I was so worried and I'm so glad this evening ended well. Hope the kitten gets well soon. Omg so happy. Please keep us updated xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 22:23
Oh Bless You SJ1968 and to you Singarosa for not giving up. I was sitting here in Canada not able to physically to do anything other than send up a few prayers and bombard you both with positive energy...... As to the other suggestion about spreading the word and taking action to reduce the stray population , it is like a little leak that over time will turn into a flood....All it takes is for as many of us to take action not just shake our heads and move on. If you see a stray in a situation that you can help SNR ,take the time effort and yes possibly a small donation. Every little bit helps ,it starts with helping the first one. Eta please let us know how the poor mite is doing. edited by Nomad on 08/01/2014 Great news! Vet has just called me to say she approx 2 moths old - no suspected fractures, 'emptying' herself well but may have a spinal cord infection from a fall or similar. Quite a chubby little thing by all accounts. Now settling in for a warm night on antibiotics and awaiting an X-ray to confirm in the morning!! Good news to the the end of the evening.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 22:02
Oh Bless You SJ1968 and to you Singarosa for not giving up. I was sitting here in Canada not able to physically to do anything other than send up a few prayers and bombard you both with positive energy...... As to the other suggestion about spreading the word and taking action to reduce the stray population , it is like a little leak that over time will turn into a flood....All it takes is for as many of us to take action not just shake our heads and move on. If you see a stray in a situation that you can help SNR ,take the time effort and yes possibly a small donation. Every little bit helps ,it starts with helping the first one. Eta please let us know how the poor mite is doing. <em>edited by Nomad on 08/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 21:51
Kitten is now on its way to vets!
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 18:46
Singerosa How long can you stay at the Mall? Try scooping the kitten up gently and placing it in a secure area of the car - I will see what I can do. Can you please give me your mobile, off line, [email protected] I sent you an e-mail Received and spoken - did you receive my response a few moments ago?
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 18:02
Singerosa How long can you stay at the Mall? Try scooping the kitten up gently and placing it in a secure area of the car - I will see what I can do. Can you please give me your mobile, off line, [email protected] I sent you an e-mail
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:58
This is from the Dubai feline friends site: maybe they can call someone in A D 050-4510058 It must be awful for you, seeing it hurt. I found a cat in the garden that was crawling on only his front paws and I hadn't much hope for him but I brought him to the vet and he was fine. If you have anything, maybe even a bag in the car, try to bring yourself to pick the kitten up and get it to the vet as it'll lessen its suffering. edited by A Rancher on 08/01/2014 No answer.. :( ill just keep calling.. i get off work at 7 PM. maybe i can do something.. i guess i am just too scared to hold it.. it's in a pretty bad shape..
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:57
Singerosa How long can you stay at the Mall? Try scooping the kitten up gently and placing it in a secure area of the car - I will see what I can do. Can you please give me your mobile, off line, [email protected]
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:53
This is from the Dubai feline friends site: maybe they can call someone in A D 050-4510058 It must be awful for you, seeing it hurt. I found a cat in the garden that was crawling on only his front paws and I hadn't much hope for him but I brought him to the vet and he was fine. If you have anything, maybe even a bag in the car, try to bring yourself to pick the kitten up and get it to the vet as it'll lessen its suffering. <em>edited by A Rancher on 08/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:49
Singerosa Where exactly is Mussafah in AD? SJ edited by SJ1968 on 08/01/2014 sorry i just understood your qs .. it's an industrial area like 20 mins outside the city.. around 40 mins away from jebel ali
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:48
i am not in Abu Dhabi: do you have a towel in the car or anything to pick it up and put in the car and bring it to a vet. most vets give charity rates. I heard no good from Falcon hospital so would not bring it there. Do not leave it alone to suffer alone on the streets. Sorry I do not a lot in Abu Dhabi. there is a Facebook page Bin kitty Collective they are based in Dubai but some members are in AD and might be able to give you suggestions. Good luck!! and big hugs to you and the kitty i would if i could but i am too scared honestly.. i know i shouldnt but its back legs are like completely crushed.. and its dragging itself and meowing like crazy.. i just need a number :(
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:47
Singerosa, here's the emergency number for Feline Friends AD General & Emergency - 050 582-2916 i called i keep getting the voice machine i called like 10 times left my number and still nothing
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:46
Dalma mall parking.. i feel like an aweful person.. i just went there to go to the gym in my work break and i waited for 15 mins trying to call people and no one is picking up i had to go back to work.. but please if someone can just give me a number i can call and ill be there waiting.. i finish in an hour or so.. I tried BKC but i am not a member and i can't post im still waiting for acceptance.. i feel horrible.. like its my responsibility.. poor kitty.. SJ1968 can you help??
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:44
Singerosa, here's the emergency number for Feline Friends AD General & Emergency - 050 582-2916
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:40
Singerosa Where exactly is Mussafah in AD? SJ <em>edited by SJ1968 on 08/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:38
i am not in Abu Dhabi: do you have a towel in the car or anything to pick it up and put in the car and bring it to a vet. most vets give charity rates. I heard no good from Falcon hospital so would not bring it there. Do not leave it alone to suffer alone on the streets. Sorry I do not a lot in Abu Dhabi. there is a Facebook page Bin kitty Collective they are based in Dubai but some members are in AD and might be able to give you suggestions. Good luck!! and big hugs to you and the kitty
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 17:25
Someone please help me I found another injured kitten in mussafah and I can't get hold of ff. I'm scared to pick it up as its badly injured. Please help
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 15:11
I will probably get shot for this and Singarosa, please don't get me wrong, I would have been devastated as well had I witnessed what you did, but this poor kitten, and probably a lot more injured strays, would have been better off if you had ended it's misery there and then. of course you wont get shot for this, what i witnessed was really bad that i wish it had died then and there.. but i don't think i have it in me to do anything like that.. i will never erase that cry.. so heart wrenching.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 15:08
I will probably get shot for this and Singarosa, please don't get me wrong, I would have been devastated as well had I witnessed what you did, but this poor kitten, and probably a lot more injured strays, would have been better off if you had ended it's misery there and then.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 14:37
Sadly, another kitten run over and killed has just been mentioned on BKC FB page. Heart wrenching...x
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 12:55
I can imagine what you must be going through Singarosa, after having witnessed such a horrifying scene.. You have done what you could though it's going to take a long time for you to erase it from your memory, as I'm reminded of a similar incident ,many years back when my cat alongwith its kittens( just a few days old) was killed by a stray dog and I'm struggling to get over it even today.
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 11:25
Thank you so much for this information.. i am grateful.. already added them to my phone just in case and i hope it gets better.. i really do.. the scene i saw was really really heart breaking.. i really wish i could have done something.. but i guess like it was mentioned.. he/she could not have survived
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 11:10
Great to have this info A.R. Thanks. Singarosa, I got these contact details from the FF Abi Dhabi web page. I'm sure they'll put you in contact with the right person General & Emergency - 050 582-2916 Email - [email protected] Homing & Fostering - 050 823-1569 Email - [email protected] Volunteering – 050 823 1569 It would be wonderful if we could throw the weight of the Expatwoman forum behind a tnr campaign in memory of that poor little kitty. If we all take responsibility for the stray cats we in our daily lives, we could all make a difference.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY