Am heartbroken | ExpatWoman.com

Am heartbroken

Latest post on 02 August 2014 - 19:25
Thank you again. She went back to work on Thursday but was able to remain based in the office catching up on admin stuff (she is a District nurse) and her colleagues have been amazing as have her friends. My DD has an amazing capacity to grit her teeth and get on with stuff and has already made arrangements to do things for herself including fulfilling a dream that she has always wanted to do, volunteering overseas. My DH and I know that she will probably hit rock bottom and that there are dark days ahead for her but I am sure that in time, she will recover. Thanks for your kind and supportive messages. Much appreciated x I am rather puzzled by the numbers of thumbs down ticks and hope that they are just representing people's feelings about what has happened! <em>edited by JoyceB on 02/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 02 August 2014 - 10:58
So sorry to hear about your daughter's situation but until her husband gets help to find a better headspace nothing will change and she is better out of the relationship, and thank goodness there are no children to worry about. She now needs to work on herself and move forward and hopefully someday she will find the loving man that will share a family with her. Glad you are able to help her, good luck.
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 21:46
Your poor daughter Joyce, you must be devastated for her, this is a dreadful thing to happen. Can't believe the heartless cretin sent a text. I speak from experience when I say that she has some very dark days ahead of her but with loving family and friends by her side she will get through this and find a happy ending. Hug her as tightly as you can, she will never have needed you more. Thank goodness your time in Qatar is over and you're close by in Scotland. <em>edited by Jonners on 01/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 18:13
I'm sorry Joyce. Thankfully your daughter has discovered his true colours now rather than once there were children involved.
Latest post on 01 August 2014 - 01:16
Well, the worst has indeed happened and my charming SIL sent my DD a TEXT last Sunday to say that he had been doing a lot of thinking but there was no going back and too much damage done. He wouldn't consider adoption as he wants no child but his own so moved out of their home last Monday. He has handed over the house etc to my DD but she is really struggling and completely devastated. We are beyond angry and so upset for our poor DD. We can only hope that she will heal in her own time and maybe one day, find a man who will love her for who she is and not for her ability to have children! The man that we regarded as a second son now sickens us.
Latest post on 14 July 2014 - 18:54
So sorry to hear that,, hope all turns out OK I wanted to share this link with you,,, this story is amazing http://theweek.com/article/index/99512/he-said-he-was-leaving-she-ignored-him#axzz338HCVIeV
Latest post on 14 July 2014 - 16:47
Thanks for kind words, much appreciated. My DD and her DH have been doing a lot of talking over the weekend and with his parents (stepmum is a gem and raised him from the age of 10) The latest is that my SIL has told my DD that he loves her very much but is overwhelmed with everything and simply feels that he is letting her down as a DH feeling that she would be better off without him. There is a tiny glimmer of hope that he won't leave and his dad is trying to persuade him to get professional help. All this happened during my DS's time home from Dubai. He is on his way back as I type with a very heavy heart as he is very close to his sister. I can only hope and pray that things pan out OK and am proud that both of my children are grounded and pretty realistic. Thanks again x
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 18:58
Hi JoyceB, I cannot offer any real advice but your daughter's story is similar to one of my friends. Eventually the outcome was, that my friends husband pushed her away so much that she did eventually find a life and happiness with another partner. Men find it harder than women to express their feelings and grief and with an upbringing like that, I hope he can work his way though it. If there is no way forward and she does want children though, she shouldn't wait until it's too late to find that happiness with someone else. Sad as it is, the reality is that some people are just too broken to be fixed? As her mother, I am sure you will guide her as best you can to make the right decisions for her. I wish you both luck and you are in my thoughts.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 15:09
Hope you are ok JoyceB.
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:34
5 year is not much, encourage your DD to just keep praying for our God is able. for a true love one cannot behave like such, I wish i could meet your DD, your family is in our prayer, for what man cannot do God can do
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 12:16
JoyceB. Very sad to read this and not sure what to say. My experience ( used to work as a counsellor) is that unless your SIL wants to seek help then the more one attempts to get him to seek help the less he will want to engage. Obviously if you feel he is at risk of harm then it is a different story but sometimes ( difficult as it will be) backing right off will be the way forward for him ie neither you nor your daughter taking any part in attempting to get him to seek help. The requirement for this has to come from and sometimes it is only when people are left with their own thoughts that they realise what they need to do. Letting him know you are there for him but will back off and give him space may be the key to him facing issues. In my experience, some people and often men ( but shouldn't generalise) are very good at just blanking and ignoring issues...by trying to get him to seek help, it can sometimes sidetrack them from the real issue ie all their energy then goes into avoiding doing what you suggest rather than them looking at their real issue. This is coming out garbled. BUT basically if possible I would suggest you and your daughter let him know you are there for him but then let him initiate contact..it won't be easy. You can see how childhood issues MAY be affecting him but he may not be making the link or he may not even feel that is the issue on their marriage difficulties. This isn't coming out right..hope you kind of get the gist. Your poor DD must be a wreck. X
Latest post on 13 July 2014 - 11:40
So, my worst fears have happened. My poor DD who has been trying for a baby and has had 3 failed IVF attempts is distraught as her DH can't cope anymore and wants out of the marriage after just 5 years. He had a difficult childhood with a bi polar mother who was very nasty to him and his brother until his dad, who divorced his wife earlier, won custody of both boys. My poor SIL's last memory of his mother was her spitting in his face outside the courtroom when the custody battle was won. My DD and her DH had agreed that they would adopt if IVF didn't work but now he has changed his mind. He seems to be in a dark, sad place and refuses to get help from his GP or a counsellor. Any advice would be appreciated.