For American ladies or any one lived there | ExpatWoman.com

For American ladies or any one lived there

Latest post on 23 July 2014 - 23:41

We are going on a holiday soon to a city over there, will be staying in a hotel, so my question is a bit boring: can my hair curler and hair dryer work ?
I don't want to go find the near hair dresser, I know how to do my hair, and was thinking of the different voltage from here and there, is it going to be an issue?
How I can go about it?
I don't want to buy a brand new ones there and leave them behind me only for almost 2 weeks vacation!!!
Thanks in advance

Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 11:00
Thank you for your advices, I believe I didn't explain myself correctly, still got the sound advices ? My hair dryer is the one that have the attached brush so it help me straight up my hair, and the curler I do use it to keep my hair straight!!! I bought both in UAE, so both will have high voltage than the US one voltage, I will buy the voltage converter to try my best, if any of them zapped out.. Well I have to find next target or jcpenny near our hotel then! I really don't want to but them over there, but if it happen... They will stay behind in the hotel, we don't travel that much often. Thanks again for your advices ☺️ <em>edited by Gorobattie on 24/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 10:55
it depends on whether or not your styling tools are dual voltage..it should say on the tag. my ghds work in the US, I just use an outlet converter/adapter. <em>edited by caligurl on 24/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 10:07
I am pretty sure I have used my UAE-bought curler/straightener in the states (I refuse to use any other appliance and take it everywhere with me for about 4 years now). I want to say that I used a voltage converter to ensure it worked, but I also don't think I own one (perhaps there was one at my parents' house), so can't say for sure. That being said, I have had other curling irons zap out on me in the states, so I definitely wouldn't guarantee your accessories' safety.
Latest post on 24 July 2014 - 07:20
Sorry but your appliances won't work here. Hotels normally have hair dryers in the bathroom so you should be okay there. And this summer my US curling iron died so I ran to Target and picked up an inexpensive curling iron for $9.95 (36 AED) Could you do that as well and then keep it for the future if you ever travel back?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY