Al gharrafa area | ExpatWoman.com

Al gharrafa area

Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 02:40

Evening ladies, just a quick question regarding the al gharrafa area. My husband is out in doha at the minute and we're due to move in 3 weeks. He has viewed several villas in a few areas but the one that really suits us is here. Just wondering what the area is like and what things there are to do locally. I have 2 young kids. Thanks

Latest post on 03 September 2014 - 11:52
Mzee123, thanks for details ?? yes, I have mentally prepared for the school registration after viewing some reputable schools have closed the waiting list application... I plan for semi-furnished house/apartment as husband's company provides the container, so we plan to ship everything from own country to doha, try to minimize the cost of living... 14k is out of our budget.. ? and I thought 4 rooms villa will be too huge for me since only two of adults with 3 yrs old daughter.. I'm kinda worry all the houseworks in a big house.. And would prefer smaller house with spacious kitchen for me... Definitely will visit your villa to have a real idea... Feeling anxious as this is 1st time stay away far from country... Worry to get culture shock in food, climate and etc .. Although have grabbed lot of info and experiences from others in website.. Haha...
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 17:55
Hey..getting admission in schools here is a nightmare honestly!!! Long waiting lists but I don't mean to scare you..many new schools are opening here with places...compass international is a very reputable school here and one branch is in gharrafa just opposite the road where I reside...grand gharrafa is the compound name..four beds, five bath and all furnished...its I think upto 14 mark but do visit the figures again...kitchen is very spacious and friendly neighborhood....i think there are few vacant villas the agent can best guide you....feel free to ask more...happy moving :)
Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 11:57
I reside in a villa in gharrafa grand compound which is 5 minutes away from ACS school... there seems to be few vacant villas here... its a compound with 30 villas with a clubhouse..( pool,gym and all)...I think it is to the mark u have mentioned..if u have an agent try him to show u this villa since I have no clue how it works...oh and it's fully furnishef edited by mzee123 on 07/08/2014 Hi all... Thankful that I found this topic here... me and HB with 3 yr old daughter will move to Qatar end of this month.. Hv got some info from internet but still kinda worry bout education and house... Appreciate if anyone of you give us valuable info to confident me.. :) Mzee123, Compound you stay is named "gharaffa grand compound" and still available? How many rooms of villa is it and mind to share average rental for the compound? Pls share with me more info about your compound.. I'm still considering between apartment or villa since I just want semi-furnished 2 BD/3BD accommodation with storage.. I do not prefer big house but big kitchen is a must... ?? I plan to register my daughter to Compass school, so I guess al gharrafa will be the right place for me.. Doha college and DESS is closed for registration, I think I hv no much choices... If possible, I prefer British curriculum.. Anymore good suggestion for the school?
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 10:29
We live on a compound of 13 villa's, backside of Lulu, just off Gharaffa Street, we like it, apart from the 5 mosques that surround our local area. I love we have no heavy traffic, and our compound is quiet also.
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 00:30
Where are you moving from yve1612? And have you guys got sorted with somewhere to live? I'm in the process of packing up our stuff ATM, fun fun fun x
Latest post on 09 August 2014 - 00:55
Hi everyone, we are due to move in 2 weeks time. My husband has been living there for a few weeks, before this west bay, and he says it is very peaceful. I'm looking forward to moving, actually more excited now!
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 22:45
Thanks that would be great, my email address is [email protected] that's the letter o after the 2, not the number 0. I clearly was awkward as a teenager lol ? would be lovely to hear from you. Here's hoping we get it now and it hasn't already been snapped up. It's a2 year contract though, think we would have preferred to commit ourselves to a 1 year contract x
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 22:25
Welcome to our neighbourhood :) I have been living here since an year now...peaceful neighbourhood...the pool area is not that bad and when weather gets better we host bbq's and use clubhouse for halloween parties n easter and birthdays... the clubhouse is good...they are working on making another clubhouse which will be much better...I'm just opposite your house...if u want share your number or email and you are most welcome if u need any help or want to look around... <em>edited by mzee123 on 07/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 20:39
Mzee123 that's the compound it's on. How funny! Tell me this are there many families on it, and also, from the photos the pool area seems a bit bare, is there normally more seating etc around it? Do you happen to know if all the villas have the same size back yards or are some bigger than others? Sorry to bombard you with questions. I think this is the one we're going to go for so just want to ask x <em>edited by Mum22boys on 07/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 12:29
I reside in a villa in gharrafa grand compound which is 5 minutes away from ACS school... there seems to be few vacant villas here... its a compound with 30 villas with a clubhouse..( pool,gym and all)...I think it is to the mark u have mentioned..if u have an agent try him to show u this villa since I have no clue how it works...oh and it's fully furnishef <em>edited by mzee123 on 07/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 12:22
Thank you ladies for your reply, has put my mind at ease a bit. It's in gharrafa gardens, fully furnished villa. There are a couple of things I would prefer the compound to have for the kids, like a small shallow pool and a park, but I guess you can't have everything lol. My husband really only has until the weekend to find somewhere fully furnished around the 14k Mark, if you guys know of anywhere else would be great to take a look x
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 12:06
Hi there, I live in a compound behind ezdaan mall, gharrafa area... the place suits us alot... everything is just few minutes drive away...plus my kids will start school this September and schools in West bay area are not too far from here... I have been here since an year and must recommend this area for sure.. in my compound there are still villas available for rent..if need be let me know :) between which compound is it?? <em>edited by mzee123 on 07/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 07 August 2014 - 05:29
We used to live there (now live in West Bay) and I found Gharrafa to be a really convenient area. Landmark, Ezdan Malll right there, Ikea close by, big family park near Landmark. It's a very quick drive to West Bay or The Pearl. and pretty easy to get to Al Sadd and Al Wabb from the D-Ring highway. Also quite a few local neighborhood shops. We only moved because of the housing from work -- loved living there. Is it a stand-alone villa or compound? If a compound, which one? Maybe someone will have specific feedback.