DOES YOUR CHILD CRY WEN U R LEAVING FOR WORK | ExpatWoman.com

DOES YOUR CHILD CRY WEN U R LEAVING FOR WORK

Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 11:53

Can hiding from a child when leaving for work affect her or him

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 15:28
think it depends... 6 months when i went back to work- i said goodbye he was fine 13 months when he started nursery- i said goodbye he cried on drop off and pick up for about 3 weeks but was fine as soon as i was out of sight 2 years left him with my in laws for a few days- knew that he would cry so i sneaked out- saw him 3 days later and he was fine- didnt cry once when i was away he is 2 and half now- always say goodbye- occasionally he cries but most of the time is fine and says bye to add: from experience with friends who have girls they seem to take longer to settle than boys.. as sourkittleashnut says i think its all phases.. <em>edited by Mrsg1 on 02/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 17:38
DD was 11 months when I started work and DD started nursery, and she went through cycles. My husband drops me first, then her, so our goodbye was me getting out of the car. Every time I get out, I say "Bye, mama loves you, see you later". I would have kissed her too but we were double parked! [b'>Her reactions:[/b'> 11 months - 13 months = wave happily 13 months - 18 months = say "mama?" and cry 80% of the time 18 months - 2 years = Say "Bye mama" and wave, but then 30% of the time cry once I left the car 2 years - now (2 years 2 months) = says "Mama office! Bye mama!" and happily waves She might go through a phase of crying again, not sure, but there was no way for me to hide and slip out so I always made it clear this was goodbye for a short amount of time. I think honesty works best because they do know every day you're not there for that amount of time. That said, there were many days where she cried when I got out of the car, and I would cry as soon as I shut the car door, and have to compose myself before walking into the office! You didnt mention how old the daughter is, but at any age it will be difficult, but she should be honest with her so the child understands mama loves her and is only going away for a short amount of time, loves her, and will be back soon. Children are very perceptive and she might feel abandoned that mom just disappears without saying anything.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 16:19
yes my little one cries almost every day as i leave to work...it breaks my heart, but i cant just sneak out.. she needs to understand this sooner or later right? she does calm down shortly after i leave ... children forget very quickly if they are distracted with something else :) [b'>You are right,[/b'>
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 15:16
yes my little one cries almost every day as i leave to work...it breaks my heart, but i cant just sneak out.. she needs to understand this sooner or later right? she does calm down shortly after i leave ... children forget very quickly if they are distracted with something else :)
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 19:20
I used to be that child. I used to scream and cry and beg my mum not to go to work from the age of 4 because I loved the power I had over her - as when I did it it would always get a reaction. I could see that it worked. Obviously I didn't know what I was doing at the time. And I look back and feel awful about it poor mother! I think the main thing is to not show any emotion in order to show it's perfectly normal
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 15:54
How can children ever learn to feel secure and trust people if those who are most important to them sneak off without saying good bye? I was always taught to say goodbye and tell them you will be back. They will learn that you will return.
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 15:13
So if she, the little girl, doesn't see her Mum, shes ok and doesn't get upset at all? Well if that's the case Id continue with sneaking out so!
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 14:16
Hi Mama5, sorry you're experiencing this as its a very upsetting way to start your day :( How old is your child? Does he or she stop crying soon after you leave or continue being upset for quite a while? I remember reading in the past that you should always say good bye and not sneak out. The theory is that if you kiss and cuddle them goodbye and leave swiftly then when you return they learn to realise that yes, you do leave but you always come back. Hey darlingboys, actually its not mine, but my neighbor's little girl cries every morning for almost 15 minutes unless the mother sneaks while she is playing or a sleep <em>edited by mama5 on 30/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 August 2014 - 13:12
Hi Mama5, sorry you're experiencing this as its a very upsetting way to start your day :( How old is your child? Does he or she stop crying soon after you leave or continue being upset for quite a while? I remember reading in the past that you should always say good bye and not sneak out. The theory is that if you kiss and cuddle them goodbye and leave swiftly then when you return they learn to realise that yes, you do leave but you always come back.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY