Airport Long Term Parking? | ExpatWoman.com

Airport Long Term Parking?

Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 15:14
I don't give them a chance to give me any grief :) I just hop in the back and tell them once I'm in the car. It actually works out ok for them as they get the 20 QAR flag fall charge plus any extra and they can be back at the airport in a couple of minutes to pick up another customer. <em>edited by Mindi on 23/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 September 2014 - 00:48
Thanks Mindi. As I wasn't sure what the story was, I decided to give uber a try. It was a great experience, and a service I will definitely be using again. And meanwhile it's great to know the status of long term parking. Question -- when you take a taxi to the long term lot do they not give you grief for the short trip?
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 15:29
Yes, long term parking is still free. It's a bit further from the airport so you have to wait for a shuttle bus to pick you up and take you in to the terminal; they come to the car park every 15 mins. On the way back I just pay for a taxi to take me to the car park as it is easier and quicker than the shuttle bus. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 11:09
Does anyone know what the story is? Is it still free? Is it far from the terminal? I have to be away for 5 days and am trying to figure out if this is a practical option. I know when the airport first opened it was free. The website only has info on short-term parking. If anyone knows anything please share. Thanks!