Dry night Friday??? | ExpatWoman.com

Dry night Friday???

Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 13:33

Does anyone know if Friday is dry night?

Latest post on 04 October 2014 - 10:11
Does anyone know who is doing brunches today, instead of yesterday?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 October 2014 - 15:21
I think last night was the dry night and it will continue until around 6pm or 7pm tonight after which time, everything will be back to normal.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 16:45
If he is passing through & he won't actually leave the airport - so he should be able to have one, airports as far as I know aren't included in the same rules, as it something like in international airspace! Sorry--I meant he is passing through as in he is in town for one night. I didn't think there were any bars in arrivals...just coffee, shopping, and currency services, etc.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 16:10
Does anyone know if the bars in DXB are serving after 6pm today? Is it dry there too? A friend of mine is passing through and planned on having a drink when he landed. But actually, don't think there are any bars in arrivals, anyway... If he is passing through & he won't actually leave the airport - so he should be able to have one, airports as far as I know aren't included in the same rules, as it something like in international airspace!
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 14:26
I had an official note from The Ivy and Frankies, it's dry from 6pm tonight until 7pm tomorrow night, so no, they won't be able to drink tonight. A lot of places have moved their Friday brunches until Friday evening or Saturday too. HTH.
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 14:19
Does anyone know if the bars in DXB are serving after 6pm today? Is it dry there too? A friend of mine is passing through and planned on having a drink when he landed. But actually, don't think there are any bars in arrivals, anyway...
Latest post on 02 October 2014 - 12:33
Room service?
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 09:19
Oh dear god this is bad news it's my very significant birthday tomorrow, so I've been here a week and not impressed not only am I away from my family but now my husband and I will not even have a glass of wine to toast in another decade. ?? extremely sad face. We are stuck I a hotel at present to. !!!
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 16:27
Well, this is something new for me. Sorry for the crazy question, but what does dry Friday mean? I guess I should do my job and Google. :) But anyways, my husband's 30th birthday is on 2nd, so that means no dinner with a glass of wine for us? We will not be able to get alcohol anywhere? Not that I was planning to get us drunk, but just to have a lovely dinner with a drink or two. Yeah basically you wouldn't be served any alcohol anywhere, apart from at home (in private) Just save up to Friday night or Saturday, especially as Sunday is off :) From all the days in one year exactly on his birthday. Lucky guy! :D Will have to think about Friday night, yes. Thanks Polly!
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 16:19
Well, this is something new for me. Sorry for the crazy question, but what does dry Friday mean? I guess I should do my job and Google. :) But anyways, my husband's 30th birthday is on 2nd, so that means no dinner with a glass of wine for us? We will not be able to get alcohol anywhere? Not that I was planning to get us drunk, but just to have a lovely dinner with a drink or two. Yeah basically you wouldn't be served any alcohol anywhere, apart from at home (in private) Just save up to Friday night or Saturday, especially as Sunday is off :)
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 16:18
Many places are doing "brunch" on Friday evening instead!
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 15:44
Well, this is something new for me. Sorry for the crazy question, but what does dry Friday mean? I guess I should do my job and Google. :) But anyways, my husband's 30th birthday is on 2nd, so that means no dinner with a glass of wine for us? We will not be able to get alcohol anywhere? Not that I was planning to get us drunk, but just to have a lovely dinner with a drink or two.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 19:27
A hotel have told me dry night starts thur 6pm until Friday 7pm This is correct, we now have official notice. 2 Oct at 6pm until 3 Oct at 7pm, no alcoholic beverages to be served.
Latest post on 28 September 2014 - 17:10
A hotel have told me dry night starts thur 6pm until Friday 7pm
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 22:22
Whichever day it is called,Thursday or Friday, does that mean that there won't be any Friday Brunches? A friend was planning on taking his wife to a brunch for her birthday and I'm sure (being a man) he won't check on this, although it has been mentioned to him!
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 15:19
Friday will be dry.
Latest post on 27 September 2014 - 15:11
Not declared by Govt yet, may be Thurs into Fri or Fri into Sat.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY