First pregnancy in need of some advice!! | ExpatWoman.com

First pregnancy in need of some advice!!

Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 19:00

Hi Ladies,

I have just found out I am pregnant - so I am about 5 weeks pregnant.

It's a little bit of a shock so I didn't have time to do any research?! I have been to see an Obstetrician at Emirates Hospital (only as it was near and wanted to confirm the pregnancy by ****** test) but I am thinking of taking up the antenatal packages at either City Hospital or American Hospital as I don't have insurance?!

Has anyone had experience of giving birth in either of those hospitals and would recommend any obstetricians?

When should my next appointment with an obstetrician be? The lady i saw before didn't give me much information at all?! Should I wait until I am 12 weeks or should I go before??

Any advice or support would be massively helpful as am slightly freaking out?!

Thanks ladies!!

Latest post on 10 October 2014 - 23:51
I had a baby at the American Hospital 4.5mnths ago, Dr. Braithwaite was my gyno and I couldn't fault the hospital or her. Congrats on ur preg, mine was my first as well, welcome to ur new amazing life xo
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 14:19
Thanks so much CG9 that's great, will definitely look into Dr Elsa, although I think she may be booked up until jan 2015-she must be good!! I am a little confused as to when I need to see my obstetrician next for a scan? Some people say 8 weeks others say 12? I saw my Dr once in 4-5 weeks. Getting an appt with Dr Elsa immediately is really difficult, thts the only down side but if she is moving out of city you can check where she is going and take an appt at the new place
Latest post on 01 October 2014 - 13:45
Thanks so much CG9 that's great, will definitely look into Dr Elsa, although I think she may be booked up until jan 2015-she must be good!! I am a little confused as to when I need to see my obstetrician next for a scan? Some people say 8 weeks others say 12?
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 22:13
Hearty Congratulations Sallyspoons! first pregnancy is truly exciting. I delivered my first baby in Aug '14 under Dr Elsa at city hospital. You will find loads of threads here about Dr Elsa, she is absolutely fabulous. If it were not for her patience I wud have ended up with a c-section. I had 12 hrs of labour and 14 Mins of pushing bfr my LO popped. She takes her time and never rushes at appointments, says things as is and pro- natural. I recently saw a thread about her which indicated that she might be leaving city hospital so it would be good to chk with the hospital itself about it. Btw, Most of the Dr's at city come highly recommend. <em>edited by CG9 on 30/09/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY