English College and secondary school option | ExpatWoman.com

English College and secondary school option

Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 15:17

I am currently in the process of seeking admission for my DS for grade 7. I have toured few schools, however this is a very hard task. As always JC is a first option but know as a fact that its tough to get a place there. I have looked at English college too and quite liked it. Besides been close to our home it has a strong teaching system (or so it seems). I would love if i could get any feed back about English college as my only reservation is how their primary school was closed suddenly. Also any feed back about GEMS WSO would be appreciated. Any other school that can be considered ?

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 11:27
Well i have to say I think DESC is outstanding as a secondary school and should be on the top of any list. Also take a look at Nord Anglia, new but has a secondary.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 11:24
Thank you Nettidxb Your input is very helpful .. on the tour we too realized that its was not a huge campus like other school we have viewed. I think having smaller class size definitely is beneficial as the student and teacher know each other. Although I do agree its not upscale and flashy as other schools but the students are very happy and they seem to have a good result record. So lets see we have put in our papers and now awaiting the decision. However this system of finding a secondary school is very stressful as firstly there a few named schools and they always seems to be packed. Schooling should not be such a difficult and luxury item. But them again its a personal view !!! <em>edited by docmom2 on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 19:49
I am currently in the process of seeking admission for my DS for grade 7. I have toured few schools, however this is a very hard task. As always JC is a first option but know as a fact that its tough to get a place there. I have looked at English college too and quite liked it. Besides been close to our home it has a strong teaching system (or so it seems). I would love if i could get any feed back about English college as my only reservation is how their primary school was closed suddenly. Also any feed back about GEMS WSO would be appreciated. Any other school that can be considered ? Hi! Two of my children are in EC (Year 8 and year 11). After a very "unsure" last year (closure of Primary School) we are very happy with the development of the school this year. We have a new, very experienced, Head teacher and over the summer the building was refurbished. There a a few new teachers and most of the "old"teachers are still at EC. Needless to say, that both my children are very happy at EC and I am satisfied with the academic development of our children. Due to the smaller size of the school, compared to many other schools, the school is very nurturing and all the children know each other.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 04:34
I wouldnt trust a school that just shut down its primary so suddenly....
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 15:26
I am currently in the process of seeking admission for my DS for grade 7. I have toured few schools, however this is a very hard task. As always JC is a first option but know as a fact that its tough to get a place there. I have looked at English college too and quite liked it. Besides been close to our home it has a strong teaching system (or so it seems). I would love if i could get any feed back about English college as my only reservation is how their primary school was closed suddenly. Also any feed back about GEMS WSO would be appreciated. Any other school that can be considered ? If you input GEMS and WSO and EC in the search bar above there are some threads on these establishments

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY