U K drivin licence renewal address? | ExpatWoman.com

U K drivin licence renewal address?

Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 09:43
Thanks all. Guess I will have to use my uae licence from now on.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 16:40
People always make this mistake - it's NOT actually your license that has expird - that is valid for 75 years, as stated on the paper part, which yu can get copies of from the DVLA. It's the photocard that has expired. This you cannot renew if you're not a UK resident.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 14:22
Once you move back to uk it is straight forward to renew. If you are residing overseas you can't renew it and in fact shouldn't be driving on it in UK. If you have an accident whilst using it then your insurance will be invalid. When I spoke to DVLA to clarify they stated that when UAE issue the licence here, they should take the UK one. Obviously they don't but technically it is invalid.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 14:16
Theres a current thread on britishexpats.com for the Middle East about this matter. The problem seems to be if you have an acccident while driving on the "wrong" license in UK whether your insurance will cover you - seems a bit of a legal debate.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 12:07
I renewed the pic online from here, not sut sure about the rest as only the pic had expired
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 11:16
You can not renew your UK licence if you don't live in the UK. I asked DVLA and this was the reply I can confirm that a British licence only becomes invalid when the expiry date has passed. As you presently reside overseas for the greater part of the time, I regret that we are unable to issue you with a further British licence.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 11:13
Hi need to renew my u k driving licence . Has anyone renewed their licence recently? It's possible to do the entire process online.The licence is now linked to your passport, that's where the photo comes from. The questionaire asks for your address and how long you have lived there. I have lived here for 15 years. What should I/ could I put as my answer in order to get my licence? Thanks all

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY