Doha College online assessment | ExpatWoman.com

Doha College online assessment

Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 07:05

Hi all, My two kids (5th grade and KG2) will have their online assessment from Doha College in Canada. They told us that it consists of a Cognitive Ability test (which will take about 2 hours ) . This is taken on a computer with headphone. In addition to this, they will send over a writing assessment that will need to supervised (40-45 minutes). My kids' current school is willing to administer and invigilate the assessment. Anyone has passed through this before? Should we prepare our kids in anyway? and What would we need? Any feedback on the nature of this test would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 09:16
Just emailed you :)
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 10:50
Yes we,ll be living in wb also inshallah,am very happy to know u expat1983.here is my email to be in touch Rasha_elradaf at hotmail.so we could talk
Latest post on 11 May 2015 - 04:22
Oh Great! Congrats! Yes, my Year One son will have his assessment in Sept. inshallah. I would love to meet with you when we are in Doha. Will you live in West Bay as well? BTW, I am Egyptian too but I have been in North America for long...I am gonna spend two months in Egypt before my arrival in Doha mid August :)
Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 21:40
We also got accepted today for year 4 at dc,I hope we can meet when u come.am also hoping they could accept my younger kid but we also r not in Qatar now.u,ll have ur other interview in September also?
Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 19:13
My Year 6 son has been accepted at Doha College. I hope they will consider the young one so I have both of them at the same school. I was worried about their moving from North American curriculum to a British one, but what I have heard about Doha College is very encouraging indeed.
Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 10:31
Any luck with ur older son?cause I don't know any1 pass the assessment and I have an older kid also.so how was urs?
Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 08:49
Hi there, DC refused to do online assessment for my Year 1 son. We aren't in Doha yet, so they will do the assessment once we arrive by mid August
Latest post on 09 May 2015 - 22:51
Hi expat1983 am also applying for year 1 in doha collage for my son,so how was urs?any luck?
Latest post on 30 April 2015 - 14:47
Thanks Dina244! I really appreciate your feelings. My year one son is still waiting for updates from DC as they told us the same thing...that we will hear from them about his status in March. The assessment is confirmed for my year 6 son in March but no definite time yet. Let's stay in touch...and hopefully we meet in Doha in August :) Hiya Did your son had the assessment and how did it go?
Latest post on 07 February 2015 - 22:16
Thanks Dina244! I really appreciate your feelings. My year one son is still waiting for updates from DC as they told us the same thing...that we will hear from them about his status in March. The assessment is confirmed for my year 6 son in March but no definite time yet. Let's stay in touch...and hopefully we meet in Doha in August :)
Latest post on 07 February 2015 - 12:23
Hello expat 1983 I always read your questions about schools and want to replay but I lost my account for a while I don't have kids at doha college but I apply for mine there I just get invitation for pre school assesment for the youngest My eldest shoud be going to year one I didn't here yet they told me for this year group not before March I guess your youngest son is doing assesment for year one as well because recption assesment is short I read in their website they do online assessments for year 4 and above as your kids native speakers I don't think they will have problem and doing the assesment any ways I hope lady's who has older kids who does the assesment replay at u
Latest post on 07 February 2015 - 08:54
So no one has kids at DC? :(
Latest post on 06 February 2015 - 00:07
Thanks emma123! It isn't regular for DC to have online assessment for prospective students from outside Doha or what? Should I consider it a good sign that they are interested in accepting my kids :) Thanks again!
Latest post on 05 February 2015 - 17:03
I think let your children be as relaxed and rested as possible. If DC is willing to test them while not in Doha and NO RP, I would be over the moon!
Latest post on 04 February 2015 - 09:10
Anyone passed through this pleassssse...Shokran in advance :)