Toilet Training Tips for Sneaky Poos | ExpatWoman.com

Toilet Training Tips for Sneaky Poos

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 09:54
Hi ladies, I'm in the process of toilet training my 2.4 year old DS. We started last week and he is doing brilliantly with number 1's but not so great with number 2's. He initially was doing number 2's in his pants but now he is holding off going at all! He is normally very regular and it's obvious he needed to go all day yesterday but he held it in all day and was clearly in discomfort telling me that his tummy and bottom are sore. This morning I gave him a suppository to clear the blockage and praised him for doing a "poo poo" (even though he did it in a pull up nappy". The day before he held onto it all day but then relieved himself in the bath (something he has NEVER done before). I know that this is quite a common problem with a lot of children but I was hoping that some of the mums out there who have been through the same thing might be able to give me some advise about how they combatted the problem. TIA Just give it time. Some kids get trained pretty quickly and some takes their time. My DD took her time. Each time she needed to poop she would ask for her diapers, but we would first try taking her to the pot and then if she still hesitated we would put on the diaper. But sooner she got comfortable with the idea of going to the toilet. But it took sometime to reach that stage. So don't stress out too much.
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 09:42
Hi ladies, I'm in the process of toilet training my 2.4 year old DS. We started last week and he is doing brilliantly with number 1's but not so great with number 2's. He initially was doing number 2's in his pants but now he is holding off going at all! He is normally very regular and it's obvious he needed to go all day yesterday but he held it in all day and was clearly in discomfort telling me that his tummy and bottom are sore. This morning I gave him a suppository to clear the blockage and praised him for doing a "poo poo" (even though he did it in a pull up nappy". The day before he held onto it all day but then relieved himself in the bath (something he has NEVER done before). I know that this is quite a common problem with a lot of children but I was hoping that some of the mums out there who have been through the same thing might be able to give me some advise about how they combatted the problem. TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY