Advice Required | ExpatWoman.com

Advice Required

Latest post on 23 April 2017 - 11:17

Hello Ladies,

My husband is a General Dentist and has been looking for a job without success for 8 months now. Luckily, I'm going strong at my own job but I'm starting to get very worried and nervous about his opportunities here in Dubai.

If anyone has any advice or knows of any opportunities for a General Dentist position that would be great. We've been applying to all the online vacancy postings but, without luck.

Details:
Male, 32 years old, DHA exam passed/eligibility letter holder
Pakistani passport - this seems to be a major stumbling block although, not voiced
Masters from the UK - Barts and the London School of Medicine & Dentistry - Queen Mary University
Over 8 years professional experience

If anyone has any friends or advice I would be eternally grateful.
Thanks ladies,
xoxo

Latest post on 27 April 2017 - 23:38
Sorry to hear that your husband is struggling to get work, I find myself agreeing with you; a Pakistani passport may be a (if not the) stumbling block. There's a lot of racism here that seems to be the acceptable norm, sadly. He might be better off applying in person (as in actually turning up at clinics/hospitals and asking to meet the manager) as from what I have heard this does make a difference. Even if they are not hiring at the time they'll remember him and are more likely to pass his details to anybody who may be interested. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY