Why You Still Need To Buy Her Flowers - And Always Will
Remember gentlemen: roses never die...
14 January 2021
Men buying roses, especially red ones, for women has always been a Valentine’s Day ritual, and a sweet gesture every now and then.
However, some millennials and Gen-Z's are apparently unfamiliar with the ode of roses, as passing even a rosette becomes some sort of a supernatural phenomenon that needs to be celebrated and embraced on social media.
And that’s unfortunate because buying a girl roses can never be considered old school or cliché, at least not by the softer sex.
A research from Jeannette Haviliand-Jones found out that even men react positively when buying flowers for a woman, because frankly speaking, no other gift with the same cost would leave a similar impact on a woman.
So here’s why you MUST buy flowers:
- Apparently, guys who give flowers as gifts are considered smarter, as people will perceive you as a person with higher emotional intelligence. According to science, of course.
- You’d make a better manager if you get your employees and co-workers flowers, as every bouquet holds a different meaning, and buying roses isn’t specific to showing love.
- Roses reduce stress and anxiety, hence, men can still buy themselves flowers.
- Having flowers insight while at work, makes you more productive.
- Most women love getting flowers, so don't think twice!
When to buy her flowers?
- To say sorry. They work like magic, just don’t always count on it!
- Just because. Some women love it when you buy them flowers for no obvious reasons.
- Birthdays. But don’t forget the cake.
- Anniversary. It’ll show you really care about your anniversaries. Even if she knows you don’t.
- Valentine’s Day, obviously!
Which kind and for whom?
Here's what each flower means...
1.) Red Roses
I love you.
2.) White Roses
We're just friends.
3.) Pink Roses
Somewhere in between red and white.
4.) Yellow Roses
Yep, still friends.
5.) Gerbera Daisies
Innocence and beauty.
Elegance and true perfect love.
7.) Peruvian Lilies
8.) Casa Blanca Lilies
Beauty, class, and style.
Love, beauty, luxury, and strength.
Warmth and happiness.
Purity and joy.
When and how did we start giving flowers to each other?
It harkens back to the Victorian era, when feelings were expressed with symbols, as some thoughts were too special and personal to be exposed with mere words.
Therefore, a new language of romance developed during those times, by sending and receiving roses and flowers. And of course, each kind and bouquets held an esoteric message. And that’s how we inherited “Florography,” the secret language of flowers.
And who knows, you might even become Antonio Banderas.. For a second!