7 Slouchy Knit Inspired Cardigans by the High-End Trend
Learn how to shop and style the cosy cover-ups for autumn
25 September 2019
All Credits: PA
Alongside all the bike shorts, crop tops, thigh-slit slip dresses and other garments that leave little to the imagination, there was one trend that stood out on the autumn/winter 2019 catwalks because it was so surprisingly sensible: cardigans.
That’s right, the knitted button-downs traditionally beloved by grannies, grandpas and librarians are back, and this time they’ve got the designer seal of approval.
These weren’t just any old cardigans, though. At London Fashion Week, Christopher Kane gave us a diamante-embellished oversized bright pink number worn as a dress, while Matty Bovan’s red and yellow patterned cardi came with a matching woolly skirt.
Dark florals go well with cardigans in pumpkin and rosewood tones, while off-white and oatmeal shades are ideal for teaming with denim and suede.
You could even, if you dared, go a couple of sizes up and try the cardi-dress look a la Christopher Kane.
However you style yours, here’s our pick of the best cardigans on the high street…
1. Oliver Bonas Chunky Boyfriend Rust Brown Knitted Cardigan, £65/AED295.64; Winter Blossom Printed Mesh Dress, £59.50/AED270.63 (shoes, stylist’s own)
2. New Look Off White Knit Patch Pocket Cardigan, £19.99/AED90.92
3. FatFace Primrose Edge to Edge Ivory Cardigan, £59.50/AED270.63
4. Monsoon Tyra Tie Up Cardigan, £34/AED154.64
5. Sonder Studio Bright Pink V Neck Button Cardigan, £35/AED159.19, M&Co
6. Pure Collection Spiced Orange Cashmere Boyfriend Cardigan, £185/AED841.45
7. Falmer Chunky Cable Knit Cardigan, £25/AED113.71, Matalan