July 2014 Due Dates | ExpatWoman.com

July 2014 Due Dates

Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 23:12
Congratulations Curly! That's great to hear.
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 21:20
Hi ladies, Hope everyone is doing well, whether still waiting or already delivered. I delivered a healthy baby boy on June 30th, one week early. Waters went in spinneys .... Delivered in City the next day. It was a wonderful experience and all went great. A boy too was a big surprise after having two girls already. Had him on the Monday, home on Tuesday and all going great (aside from lack of sleep and keeping my two girls from smothering him .. In a nice way) Curly
Latest post on 22 July 2014 - 03:34
Bump! Anyone left here?
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 09:30
How many July mums are still waiting? I'm due on the 31st so I expect to be among the very last. I hope everyone's in good health and has an easy time in the last stretch if they are still waiting. If you have already given birth, please share your birth stories!
Latest post on 07 June 2014 - 16:57
Hope all the July mommies are doing well, getting uncomfortable now and counting the weeks till due date, the heat is not helping. Although this is my 2nd one I am starting to feel a little bit nervous now.
Latest post on 19 May 2014 - 13:33
Hi Bips, I am going to the classes in Health Bay Clinic and enjoying them very much.Total price for 2 people is 1800aed for 3 classes 3 hours each and the last class is 4 hrs. I am due the last week of July but most of the women in the class are due mid/end of June so I am sure that you are still on time if they have spaces available for the next classes.
Latest post on 12 May 2014 - 20:34
Hi Bips, have a look at HealthBay Clinic's website. It has contact details for antenatal classes. Google them too. I saw a TimeOut article that summarised a whole range, including private classes that can be fast-tracked. I'm sure you'll find plenty of options. Mine haven't started yet. I'm really looking forward to them though. We both are! How is everyone else doing? I've started to feel pretty tired again this last week but couldn't be healthier so I can't complain!
Latest post on 12 May 2014 - 10:06
Explo, I'm due in the 2nd week of July...about 9 weeks to go approx. Gosh, that's both scary & exciting as a FTM :) Unfortunately, I haven't been to the Baby Bazaar yet. I kept forgetting every month :( Have set a reminder for this month & I mean to go this time around. Have your classes started? Hope they're fun! How are the other ladies doing? Hope everyone's happy & healthy! Hi there Ladies, I am due for 2nd week of july..havent attended any antenantal classes as we thought we would get it done in the package purchased with Latifa hospital. I have been trying to look around for one but no one seems to help with the updated information. so i decided last week to get it done from outside...there are still 9 weeks to go..can anyone please suggest an option for classes i could still avail and ofcourse if its still not too late.
Latest post on 11 May 2014 - 14:22
Explo, I'm due in the 2nd week of July...about 9 weeks to go approx. Gosh, that's both scary & exciting as a FTM :) Unfortunately, I haven't been to the Baby Bazaar yet. I kept forgetting every month :( Have set a reminder for this month & I mean to go this time around. Have your classes started? Hope they're fun! How are the other ladies doing? Hope everyone's happy & healthy!
Latest post on 06 May 2014 - 21:37
Thanks to you both! I went to the Just Kidding workshop last night and was really impressed by the midwife from HealthBay, Dru, who also does the antenatal classes there, so I think I'll sign us up for those. Gotta make sure hubby knows how to play his part! When in July are you both due? I'm on the 31st, right at the end. Leah, did you end up trying Baby Bazaar? I bought loads of books there and clothes too. I didn't find the prices over inflated at all. I've been away for the last couple but will try to make it to the next few. <em>edited by explo on 06/05/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2014 - 11:01
Explo, I haven't signed up for or attended any of the classes, so can't vouch for them personally, but I've heard good stuff about the classes at Cooper's clinic and City hospital. Also, found this older EW thread http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic83322-midwife-and-antenatal-classes-in-dubaiany-recommendations.aspx hope this helps! <em>edited by leahgibbs527 on 05/05/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2014 - 08:22
Hi explo and Leah, I am counting the kicks now and then but forget. If I think back can't believe so many months have already passed, but you are right Leah now my due date is starting to feel like it is taking forever to approach. Starting to forget what I felt like before I was pregnant. With my first DS I went for the antenatal classes at City Hospital and loved it, not going again with this one but heard that the classes are still good. Have to start on the nursery, have everything but still need to set up everything, think I should start as I have a feeling this DS will come earlier.
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 22:43
Hi 2ndbaby, hi Leah, everything going well here. Not counting kicks yet, I'm only 27 weeks. But we've received so many generous hand-me-downs our nursery is sorted! Still keen to hear about anyone's experiences of antenatal classes if you care to share! Cheers!
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 14:49
Hi 2ndBaby...yes time seems to be flying by very quickly! Although I suspect it's going to feel like it's crawling come june/july :) Have you ladies started shopping, decorating the nursery etc? Hubby & I have picked up a few things here & there...and boy, are those baby outfits &onesies cute or what? Had to restrain myself from going overboard. Anyone counting their baby's kicks?
Latest post on 04 May 2014 - 12:48
Hi ladies can not believe the time is going by so quickly. How is everyone feeling and doing.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 05:13
Prenatal classes: who's doing them? When? Where? Any tips or suggestions?
Latest post on 27 March 2014 - 21:53
Hello Ladies, Congratulations to all mommies and hope you all are doing well! Sorry to partially hijack this thread. I'm a ftm through IVF and due in the first week of Aug but I have a gut feeling i'll pop mid/ end July. I see some ladies here are with Dr. Elsa from city hospital and hence wanted to know if you guys have any idea about her holiday plan? I'm with her too and at one of my appt she informed me that she is going to be away for 2 weeks during the 3rd & 4th week of July and Dr Deb will be handling her patients in her absence. This is really worrying me as I would want my Dr to be during the last few weeks of my pregnancy and there are mixed reviews about Dr. Deb on EW. ExpatMy - I see you are with Dr. Deb, can you please let me know how's your experience been with her so far? TIA Hello dear ladies! I have been a little away and not checking the forum. Everything seems to run smooth. I have had no further check-ups, my next is next week with the blood sugar test and an indirect Coombs (for 0 negative types only). I hope you are all ok too. I see Dr. Elsa is away on holidays in July and some of you will be handled by Deb in her absense. Oh well I do not think you should worry about this. CG9 - when I first went to City Hospital I requested to see Dr. Elsa or Dr Britt only for all the good reviews that I read on this board. Unfortunately, so many reviews make it almost impossible to get a first consultation appointment. I was offered a next available date with Dr. Deb and I accepted. So far I am happy to see Dr. Deb. She has answered to all my questions all the time (this is my first pregnancy) and she´s nice. I have read the same mixed reviews that you have read but in my case I cannot say negatives. I have seen Dr. Britt amd Dr. Elsa down the corridors at City and I have noticed they sometimes walk patients out of their offices, chat a lot and appear über-friendly in the nice way. It is possible that other doctors are far more "social", kinder, or perhaps they simply go out of their way to attend on a much more personal manner and make you feel very looked after. Dr. Deb is a practical no nonsense proffessional and I like that. Mind you, I am not saying that she is not nice though!! Someone made a bad review and said that she appeared "busier typing on the computer than listening to her". It is true that she takes extensive notes during follow-ups and consultation but I believe this to be highly important and possibly a result of her previous work practice at Al Wasl. In public hospitals you are not waranteed attendance by the same doctor everytime and you never know who will be there for your delivery; very clear and complete information on your file is neccessary to perform follow-ups and proper care in this environment. Likewise, it is also important to have if your doctor happens to go on holiday! As a 0 negative, the care for detail is important to me. I was glad to find that she was thorough. Having said that, my biggest fear towards the end of pregnancy is to be "pushed" into an induction or a C-section... I have read this happens a lot in Dubai and I read Dr. Deb apparently pushed for induction and C-Sections in a couple of comments. This is an issue that makes me rather nervous...mostly because I am not even sure if I could actually tell whether it was happening. My plan is to seek second opinions towards the end, just for peace of mind, if I ever feel that I have doubts. I believe however that such tendency to pre-book deliveries with induction and c-sections is of general practice in all private hospitals and across all doctor boards in Dubai. Perhaps many women end up having such deliveries by recommendation of very well rated doctors that, precisely because of those great reviews, it is not perceived by patients as being pushed for it? I wonder. In any case, I am doing my own research and finding that every mum that I run into in Dubai seems to have had a c-section and/or induction in private hospitals; none of them had Dr. Deb. My advice, do not worry. Dr. Deb is a very experienced proffessional who has been trusted to lead the most difficult deliveries at Latifa. Hugs to all. Be safe!
Latest post on 14 March 2014 - 22:27
Curly OB, scan went very well thank you, do you mean if I found out the gender? Not sure how you can wait to find out the gender, I certainly couldn't! If you are referring to my previous thread, the curiosity was about the 4D scan and yes I have them! They are a bit spooky but I like them :) Mine is a baby girl (but I have been knowing it for some time) and she has started kicking too, which is brilliant! :) Hi there, Yes I was referring to the gender. I must have missed the question regarding the 4d pics. Anyway that's great you know it's a little girl. Having two girls already myself I am definitely more tempted to find out the gender this time, purely for practicalities .... Do I keep all the pink or not? I do like having that surprise at the delivery after all these months of hard work so hopefully I can hold out or that my doc won't let it slip ... 16 weeks to go ....
Latest post on 12 March 2014 - 13:28
Curly OB, scan went very well thank you, do you mean if I found out the gender? Not sure how you can wait to find out the gender, I certainly couldn't! If you are referring to my previous thread, the curiosity was about the 4D scan and yes I have them! They are a bit spooky but I like them :) Mine is a baby girl (but I have been knowing it for some time) and she has started kicking too, which is brilliant! :)
Latest post on 11 March 2014 - 12:20
Congrats Dipz20, great news Dr Elsa told me she goes on hols on July 18th. Leila, how did your big scan go? Did you find out? I had my big scan and although tempted I still didn't find out ... Hoping I can hold out for another 17 weeks Curly
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 18:46
Hello Ladies, Congratulations to all mommies and hope you all are doing well! Sorry to partially hijack this thread. I'm a ftm through IVF and due in the first week of Aug but I have a gut feeling i'll pop mid/ end July. I see some ladies here are with Dr. Elsa from city hospital and hence wanted to know if you guys have any idea about her holiday plan? I'm with her too and at one of my appt she informed me that she is going to be away for 2 weeks during the 3rd & 4th week of July and Dr Deb will be handling her patients in her absence. This is really worrying me as I would want my Dr to be during the last few weeks of my pregnancy and there are mixed reviews about Dr. Deb on EW. ExpatMy - I see you are with Dr. Deb, can you please let me know how's your experience been with her so far? TIA
Latest post on 06 March 2014 - 14:25
NP and ExpatMy thanks for the info! I will find out on Sunday anyway...the day of my 20 weeks scan! I cannot wait... ExpatMy: I will try to take into account your advice, but who knows if curiosity of seeing my little monster will have the best! :) I still cannot feel her kicking (at least I think that I cannot...)! Hopefully your lump is nothing serious and if the doctor had the doubt it could be, he would have sent you for another check-up, but if you want some peace of mind maybe get a second opinion. My doctor back home told me that I should have my blood test taken every month, to monitor the CMV because I am receptive to it, but I only had it at the beginning and apparently next time will be at the 24 weeks visit. I suppose that I could have had the blood exams anyway privately, I just thought that maybe I should listen to the doctor that is following me now, that seems very good anyway (doctor Liliana in Health Bay Clinic, anyone else seeing her?) Good luck to us all! :)
Latest post on 06 March 2014 - 09:02
ExpatMy, don't stress...the lump is probably nothing. Hopefully you will know for sure soon. And yes, I too get the feeling that the doctors here take things a little too casually. Of course, I'm a FTM so maybe a little more wound up about this, but I'm now 21 weeks & was recently told I need to see an endocrinologist for a possible thyroid problem. My blood test were taken a month or so before the appointment where I was told my thyroid levels are a little on the higher side. What concerns me is I had clearly indicated that I have a family history with thyroid at the very first appointment & my morning sickness was pretty bad. I lost 5 kilos in my 3rd & 4th month (maybe my doc has seen worse & wanted to wait it out?)...all of which according to a relative who has studied medicine, should have made them check my thyroid levels much earlier. I just felt the doc could have informed me earlier instead of waiting for a whole month. I tried looking up info on thyroid levels and when tests are carried out but didn't get anywhere. Anyway, doc didn't seem too worried but then I wouldn't know if she was worried either.Well, have to see what the endocrinologist thinks now; hopefully if I need medication I'm not starting it too late :( Anyone here developed thyroid issues during pregnancy? When is it usually diagnosed & when does the medication usually start? CurlyOB , Ouch!! That sounds like a really nasty fall. I would have been scared witless. I keep tripping on nothing myself. I'm the kind of person who loses balance when I turn my head quickly as I'm walking :D Hope you are doing ok. <em>edited by leahgibbs527 on 06/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 March 2014 - 14:29
Hi all, just checking in to see everyone's progress. I am 22 weeks now and had my BIG scan last week. All looks normal thankfully. I do not want to know the gender even though I have two girls already. I have to keep reminding the doctors etc not to tell me when scanning me. Feeling good except I had a really nasty fall on Saturday. Fell flat on my face while at a friends baby shower. I don't know what happened, whether I caught my heel or lost my balance or slipped. All happened too quick I couldn't even use my hands to save myself so my mouth/teeth got the full impact. I suppose its better than my belly getting the brunt. Have had an extra check up to make sure all ok with baba and thankfully everything looks good. But Oh God, what I fright I got. Still have to go to dentist to have my teeth checked and dreading that as I've definitely done damage there. ExpayMy, hope the lump turns out to be nothing. Hard not to worry I'm sure so do what you need to do for peace of mind. Hope all ok x Take care everyone Curly
Latest post on 04 March 2014 - 10:20
True mumofmoo! Many times they get gender wrong when it is too early. I forgot to mention that although the doctor said to be 90% sure it was a boy at 12 weeks scan but that it was confirmed a week later with the cvs genetics results. I had morphology scan last week. It all seems OK but while doing the exam the doctor casually mentioned the appearance of a lump in my uterus. :/ I asked whether I should be worried, whether to rush to hospital to consult my doctor there or what to do. Whether it was normal and just something to watch and follow up. He just said "it is small, only two centimetres" o_O what is that supposed to mean?! He was hermetic after that as if the most normal thing to have. I am not panicking but I can´t say I am not worried. I shall have my next visit with the doctor after the glucose test. I will also have an Indirect Coombs made then. I will check with her on this new finding although I have experienced scans at city hospital with her and I am not impresed. We will see... I may ask for a second (third?!) opinion. Are any of you rhesus negative? I would like to find out what the standard management of the condition from you. I was given a shot of anti-d after invasive cvs but I was the one to tell them that I was negative and ask for it!! noone seems to check or bother on details :( I am tired of having the feeling that noone really follows-up, that I should do research on everything along the pregnancy if I want to make sure I am seen through. Leila01 - scan is 1200 at FMC plus 250 if you would like 3D-4D although I would not recommend you to do this last pic just yet. Babies are still a little "raw" and they all look pretty much the same... rather ugly. Now I wish I hadn´t seem him in 3D last week! :D I do no longer forget that I am pregnant as I get clear kicks from someone down below every half an hour!....
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 14:40
leila01 - I thing the scan will be 1.550 aed. This is the proce I was given by phone at genesis clinic. Hope all is good with you soon to be mommies!!! xx
Latest post on 01 March 2014 - 20:00
Hi all, I just had my 20 week scan and it was amazing to see all the little organs. I was duper curious to know the gender but my baby wouldn't have it and spent all his time showing us his bottom! I am hoping the next scan reveals it although part of me now wants it to be a surprise...
Latest post on 26 February 2014 - 15:45
Hi all! I just found out about this forum and had some fun reading your posts…I wish I had found it before! I am pregnant with my first baby due on the 24th of July…and IT'S A GIRL!!! :) and I am really excited! I have not decided the hospital yet, but a friend delivered in Al Zahara and had a good experience and so far it would also be my preference, also based on the fact that it's closer to where I live. Does any of you live in JBR or Marina/JLT? It would be nice to meet for a juice or something! I also have problems sleeping, I wake up very early morning and usually I fall asleep soon before the alarm rings or don’t fall back asleep at all. Fortunately though the morning (or rather all day) sickness times are gone and right now I have a bit of the same problem as you ExpatMy…apart from my big belly and the fact that had to give up alcohol and cigarettes, I don’t fell pregnant (but I always remember it!). I am due for morphology scan in 10 days (I can't wait) and will be having it at Genesis Clinic with Dr George, but I don’t know the cost.
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 11:39
For me, the only time a C section came up during labour was because there was an actual need. I told my Dr and the midwives to give me 1 more hour and I managed to have a natural birth My Dr (Dr Britt at City) assumed I would go natural and didnt once ask me if I wanted anything else or try and push anything onto me to be honest, I have heard a lot of women say they were bullied into a C section but frankly, I think they were just too scared to do it how outr bodies intended. Just tell your Dr that you do not want a C section unless it is a medical emergancy and that should be that. neaer the time they will ask about pain relief but you can decline and then change your mind on the day anyway you can ask your Dr anything at anytime, if you feel like you cannot then I would suggest you change your doc. Having a baby is not easy for most people. It can be scary as you cant see what is happening and you have all sorts of pains etc. You have to be able to tlk to your Dr and trust that she will do what is right for you hey Expat - 3 people in the last 3 months were told that were having boys at the 12 month scan and then found out they were girls. Also, anyone doing a scan that early should only say "there is a 70% chance of it being a boy (for example) because the genitals have not formed by 12 weeks so please dont go buying all blue just yet, just in case :-) Having said that, i sold all my pink stuff as I am convinced I am having a biy and I dont know yet hahha
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 09:10
OK so we just found out yesterday we are having a boy...and that silly Chinese calendar predicted a girl! I didn't have any gut feelings about the gender really, so it feels nice to know for sure. And my little boy was was giving the radiologist quite the hard time during the scan, with her clucking quite a few times in annoyance. He kept rolling away from the probe and turning in every direction :D mumofmoo, I paid close attention to it all through and my nose is still the same size , so maybe there's something in that little tale:) Hmm the Bazaar doesn't sound liek what I imagined it to be, but maybe I will give it a look-see next month. ExpatMy , this is my first time and I really don't know what to expect. I'm reading up on natural birthing and hoping things go smoothly, but tbh I'm not really worrying about c-secs much. I'm not even sure if I will be able to tell if the doc is unnecessarily pushing for a c-sec when I'm in labor. I mean I do keep hearing how most hospitals here seem to push for c-secs/induction but there are quite a few natural birth stories here too. In fact, I think there was a thread here a couple of days ago where most of the women had natural births without epidurals. Sounds like the government hospitals and City hospital are pro-natural. I'm seeing a doc at a private hospital and haven't broached the subject yet. Not sure if it's too early....wonder when's the best time to start discussing this with the doc. <em>edited by leahgibbs527 on 25/02/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY