Rainy Day - what's for dinner? | ExpatWoman.com

Rainy Day - what's for dinner?

Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 16:13

It's one of those days where you feel like something stodgy. Like a pie.

:evil:

Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 17:59
He would be very unhappy in the heat of Dubai.......I would re-home him, maybe a neighbour would look out for him. We were very lucky, my nephew stays in my house with my 2 cats and my black lab. is at my sisters alongside her black lab. in the countryside! When you return to the UK after years your adventure I would definitely recommend you get a dog to go with the wellies. X
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 17:59
Tessa, you're an EW tonic! If you are genuine, please come with your wellington boots, your Aga, and your Sloe Gin (haven't heard anyone talk about sloe gin for years!) and we'll show you our real Dubai, away from the malls and all you read about in the papers. I think you'll fit in just fine. ;)
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 17:49
Close I have done the piccalilli, green tomato chutney, cranberry sauce with port, mincemeat, Sloe Gin and quince jelly ready for Christmas. The wellington boots go in the boot room - well more of an extended rear porch really. Aga is actually verging on essential - it warms kitchen, cooks food, dries clothes and shoes, warms plates, irons clothes, sterilises jam jars and makes absolutely fabulous cheese toasties. They just wouldn't work in Dubai. No Labradors yet - we are both away too often for our respective jobs to make if fair on the dogs. We will though when we are even older. All our neighbours have dogs but not all Labradors - some spaniels, some beagles, a fox terrier and border collies. Most do have black labs though. We are wondering what about our poor, long haired, ginger tom called Paddy. He lives outside here and is employed to catch mice and other creatures. He is a very bad employee though and sneaks in front of the wood burner every time the door is opened. Should we post him out?
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 17:30
I'm surprised there's no black labrador involved too! And some home made pickles.
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 15:58
I [i'>knew[/i'> Tessa would have an Aga. Tessa do you also have a place for wellington boots at the back door, and a Barbour jacket? Bring your Barbour with you, it can get quite parky here!
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 14:17
** goes to google Aga.... ** Sigh
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:37
There is only one way to eat fish and chips - out of newspaper! Unless you cook them yourself but I don't have a deep fat fryer and I needed something quick and warming. My husband put plates to warm in the Aga and I drive a bit too quickly to get them home whilst still warm - it's 11 miles. The warm plates mean the food stays warm whilst we eat but we put the paper on top. Tut-tut. Let's see how long it takes before you're picked on for "flaunting" your Aga... :-D
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:32
There is only one way to eat fish and chips - out of newspaper! Unless you cook them yourself but I don't have a deep fat fryer and I needed something quick and warming. My husband put plates to warm in the Aga and I drive a bit too quickly to get them home whilst still warm - it's 11 miles. The warm plates mean the food stays warm whilst we eat but we put the paper on top. Well that's one thing you'll be unlikely to enjoy here as most fish and chips are not worth buying
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:15
There is only one way to eat fish and chips - out of newspaper! Unless you cook them yourself but I don't have a deep fat fryer and I needed something quick and warming. My husband put plates to warm in the Aga and I drive a bit too quickly to get them home whilst still warm - it's 11 miles. The warm plates mean the food stays warm whilst we eat but we put the paper on top.
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:11
We had hot chicken soup for the whole family. The LOs were excited! First time to see what raining actually feels like!
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:04
Coincidentally, Geordie we also had fish and chips tonight. I was late back from work, it is freezing here so I decided we could treat ourselves. The high life indeed! Tessa, did you make it yourself?
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 11:39
Ooooh fish, chips, mushy peas and scraps. If only you could get fishcakes as well :cry:
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 10:11
Ah, but did you have them out of newspaper, or did you put them on a plate??? :P Mine were on a plate, cooked with my own fair hands, straight from the freezer ;)
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 05:55
Ah, but did you have them out of newspaper, or did you put them on a plate??? :P
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 01:50
Coincidentally, Geordie we also had fish and chips tonight. I was late back from work, it is freezing here so I decided we could treat ourselves. The high life indeed!
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 21:23
Fish, chips and mushy peas oh and Prosecco, just because it's Dubai ;) Loving your style GE! Well if Tessa can live the highlife so can I :cool:
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 20:58
Fish, chips and mushy peas oh and Prosecco, just because it's Dubai ;) Loving your style GE!
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 20:51
Fish, chips and mushy peas oh and Prosecco, just because it's Dubai ;)
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 18:30
Big bowl of creamy bacon pasta with lots of Parmesan cheese mmmmmm
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 18:01
Pasta with pesto........adventurous.
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 17:18
ohhhh soup. Sounds good. Or a broth with barley in it. yum!
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 16:44
Homemade broccoli and stilton soup with some crusty bread would be nice. Instead we're having tinned chilli and nachos, oh well.....
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 16:15
Bangers and mash and peas :biggrin:
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 16:14
it's chai and pakoras (batter fried stuff) at our place!! spicy and hot!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY