Golden mile appartments | ExpatWoman.com

Golden mile appartments

Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 15:17
I have lived in GM9 for the past 18 months and whilst it WAS great, for the last 6 months it has been horrendous. Unfortunately the ground and mezzanine floors in buildings 7 -10 are being retrospectively demolished and re-constructed and the noise and vibrations is just awful, almost as if they are in your own apartment. Their official permit for the demolition and construction work is 9am - 6pm, however, these rules are being flouted and we are being subjected to the work from 6am, it is quite literally soul destroying (especially for those of us on the 1st floor who are directly above it). Despite having complained to Nakheel on many occasions, as well as Trakhees (the local authority), absolutely nothing has been done and the rules continue to be flouted. Even when the works do end (we think probably another 12 months), it is likely to be just as noisy as they are putting in shops and restaurants (rumour of which could be licensed, so late night hours). Sadly for me, I have another 5 months left of my contract, but I'll be out of there as soon as it finishes. If you do pick Golden Mile 7 - 10, make sure it is a higher floor, park facing. HTH. ETA: My office is in Festival City, which is close to Garhoud and at the moment it takes me 20 mins to get to the office (because of the quieter time of year), but generally it usually takes about 25 mins, so it shouldn't be a long drive to work for your DH if you do choose Golden Mile.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 10:50
Thank you so much for your replies we are looking at an apartment in Golden mile 8 but be we did wonder if the building and traffic would be a concern. Unfortunately we have not made things easy for ourselves as our daughter will attend Dubai College and husband will work in Garhoud. Our budget at top end is 150,000 for 2 bedrooms. Littleone thank you, a home and settled life is something to be cherished this is our 3rd move within the middle east living previously in Doha and Bahrain. This one is proving to be the most challenging !!
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 10:27
hi alee perhaps if you post what your budget is, how many bedrooms you need, and any side of town you prefer to live on, then we can recommend some suited buildings/developments?
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 09:56
Try to get view towards the park, which means less noise from the construction.
Latest post on 13 July 2016 - 08:39
We have lived in GM for the last 6 years and the apartment is great, it's large, has a fantastic walk in robe and huge master bathroom with the convenience of the shops in the galleria and the park area a bonus. We know just about all the children in our building and have met some great people in our building. The park between GM and Shoreline is great, lots of places for kids to play and we walk our dog morning, afternoon and evening and there is a real community feel, it's one of the reasons we stay in the apartment despite the noise. There are downsides though, we are in a D type unit (2bed) and we and everyone in our building with the same apartment type have AC issues which the owners association should repair but they aren't, although it's manageable even in the heat. The noise from the construction is LOUD and noisy all day and night but we have managed through it for the last two years and we have an end in sight. The developer has taken over as the building manager from IFA and the standard of the cleaning and overall maintenance is pretty poor, but again it's liveable. If you go for an apartment facing the road the balcony can be really noisy but you get use to it but park facing ones are much quieter. There is going to be a significant increase in traffic though, with buildings being completed, such as the hotels on the trunk and crescent and also the shopping centre on the trunk, this I am not looking forward too as the noise from the boy racers will be bad along with the extra cars. Regardless, we will stay in our apartment and deal with the changes because it's home and we have a great and settled life.
Latest post on 12 July 2016 - 20:38
We will shortly be moving to Dubai, and on the hunt for a property. We like the Golden mile appartments although aware there is no pool or gym. Can any one let me know how they find living there it ticks lots of boxes for us as also close to our daughters school. Our other options are a very small house at Arabian Ranches, like the out of city feel but a bit remote for me as will only have one car for hubby or an Appartment in the views which is nice but has no balcony . Finding the ideal place in Dubai in our price range and right location is not proving to be easy

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY