Travelling with disability | ExpatWoman.com

Travelling with disability

Latest post on 14 July 2016 - 03:58

Assalamualaikum,
It's been a long time since I have posted anything.lots going on. Alhamdulillah.
I have a very urgent question.
Which is the best airline to travel with disabilities - physical and otherwise?

Latest post on 19 July 2016 - 11:49
I can't imagine why anyone would make any insensitive comments. I'd get in contact with Emirates, as they fly to both your destinations and will be better than the local or budget airlines who fly there. They have a marhaba assistance service for passengers. Good luck :-)
Latest post on 19 July 2016 - 03:33
Cannot recommend any airlines but can definitely ask you to avoid saudi airlines for travelling to saudia. They are not bothered about seating families together and by family I mean a mother and her two kids. No one takes care of seating at check in and cabin crew does not care a bit about re arranging so a mother can sit with her two kids who obviously need help at meal times. Definitely avoid them.
Latest post on 18 July 2016 - 20:28
I want to know about any airline travelling to Saudi Arabia and India. One 14 year old with epilepsy. But doesn't particularly need a wheelchair in the airplane. We just use a wheelchair when there's a lot of walking around. One 12year-old who is bedridden and tubefed. Searching online I couldn't find Here. So I wondered how people with severe disabilities travel. Please no insensitive comments about why they need to travel. My kids were very much normal and independent before the regression took place and they loved the trill of flying.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 10:46
Thai Airways have in-flght wheelchairs. But they don't allow the disabled person to travel alone. In my experience, I had to help one crippled stranger to fly back home because the airlines doesn't allow her to fly by herself. I think they don't take full responsibility if something happens to that person.
Latest post on 17 July 2016 - 07:09
It would help if you state where you're flying from - to. All airlines should cater to people with disabilities. What are we talking about? Crutches? Wheel chair? Epilepsy? Need more info to be able to give you a proper answer.
Latest post on 16 July 2016 - 17:40
Anyone?!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY