Not a morning person? Welcome to the club.
23 January 2017
video credit: nikiandgabibeauty/YouTube
Every night owl fights the daily battle of responsibility versus 5 (or 50) minutes of sleep.
And why not? Nothing sounds more comforting than binge-watching Netflix till the wee hours of the morning until, of course — you’re tearing your wardrobe apart looking for the right jeans, putting blush before foundation and struggling to find a hair-tie the next morning.
But not all mornings have to be a battlefield. Some simple prep hacks and getting ready tweaks can make a whole lot of difference in reaching your destination on time and looking polished.
Here are some tried and tested hacks that will get you out of the door not looking like a zombie.
1. Take a shower, remove makeup and prep your face the night before. This will give you at least 30 minutes of peaceful sleep.
2. Use multipurpose products like BB creams to reduce the makeup time.
3. Apply makeup with fingers or brushes. Nobody has time for 15 minutes of dabbing with a beauty blender.
4. Choose your clothes a night before to avoid a messy wardrobe every morning.
5. Use dry shampoo instead of proper head wash. Tie your hair up in a ponytail – instant chic.
Getting ready in 15 minutes is difficult, but possible. YouTube is filled with different versions and hacks of getting ready. The one we liked best is of YouTube blogger, Gabriella Martino of @nikiandgabibeauty. Her video includes quick hair fixes and doable makeup — plus, her final look is super chic.
Watch the video above and tell us what you think.